1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Northern Lights?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SonourBrum, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SonourBrum

SonourBrum

Apr 7, 2006
    Does anyone know if the EBS Northen Lights are made of an alloy of the nickel-titanium or are they just plated with the nickel-titanium? Just curious... because they cost as much as pure nickel strings. :help:

2. SonourBrum

SonourBrum

Apr 7, 2006
    Hmmm.... well that's interesting! I can't get a response from EBS either!

3. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    It does not say in the 20 year anniversary catalogue, which otherwise has more text than usually. I have a Ni-Ti set on my bass but it seems I have thrown the package away. However, I do not recollect it being stated there either.

4. SonourBrum

SonourBrum

Apr 7, 2006
    Well if anyone cares... and thanks for the response by the way! - I bought a set and had to wash my hands about every 15 minutes or so. They were pretty taught at first but after a couple of hours they felt pretty balanced and really great. They did sound pretty good (punchy and not too bright) and I would have decided to keep them if not for my acid drenched sausages. Conclusion: Plated!