Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebs octabass question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by musicguru, Jan 30, 2006.

1. musicguru

musicguru

Dec 28, 2004
    akron,ohio
    i have a octabass i traded for ..when i hook it up and playing sound great when im idle it kinda make a noise like the octave is picking up vibration or something...does these pedal have problem with active pickups..do i need a noise gate?

2. I have that pedal (had both versions) and it never had a problem with my active or passive basses...

3. I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "idle" but if your muting techinique isn't together even small string vibrations will trigger the unit.

4. musicguru

musicguru

Dec 28, 2004
    akron,ohio
    k so that is normal wasnt really using a muting havent added it to my board was just strumming bass on a stand...cool nothinb wrong with it..so the octave will be triggered buy vibrations?

5. I find that if I get sloppy or tired and neglect proper right hand muting my B string can trigger the octave if it rings while playing on the higher strings. With good right hand muting this doesn't occur.