1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Octabass tip

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marmadaddy, Jun 28, 2012.

1. marmadaddy

marmadaddy

Oct 17, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Problem: My EBS Octabass octave pedal stopped working at a gig last weekend. I've had it a little over one year and gigged with it around 50-60 times in that period.

Symptom: No wet signal. Thin, weak dry signal.

There was power to the pedal, confirmed with the LED via a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Plus 2

Solution: It turns out that the Voodoo Labs puts out 100mA max on most channels which was too little for the Octabass. It was running off of the battery which of course ran out. Tested with a fresh battery and the sub-octave love is back. I've now switched the pedal to channel 5 on the power supply which has a max of 250mA.

I found this out because the EBS website says 2 year warranty and to contact the dealer. I emailed Bass Central whom I bought it from and Keith and Beaver both worked with me. All messages are responded to very promptly. They even contacted their EBS rep about it. All for one pedal bought over a year ago. Can't beat that.

TL;DR and for the three people who'll do a Google search for this in the next two years: If you have an EBS Octabass pedal and power it with a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Plus 2, use channel 5 or 6.

2. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    Never had this problem. Using a Voodoo Lab PP2+ and not outputs 5 nor 6.