1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Jun 20, 2003.

1. inazone

inazone Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Just wanted to know if anyone had a ebs pre and what they thought of it. How does it compare to their heads and other preamps like dem, ampeg and aguilar? From what I can tell the ebs pre has a little more old school sound than the td series, but havent played one yet. I currently run a modulus q5 through a td650 into bergy cabs and was thinking about going to a power/pre setup. thanks for your help.

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    We at http://www.basstasters.com will be testing a EBS shortly and posting the sound clips so you can compare it to other preamps... just another resource for you...

3. 8_finger

8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I have EBS-1V2 pre and I'm very happy with it. Recently I played EBS Drome combo and it sounded exactly like my pre. Momentarily I don't have power amp so I'm playing through pre+ really crappy combo and it sounds like EBS, before theat I played pre+ Trece elliot combo and it works with Yamaha combos too. To sum it all up: if you have EBS pre you can make anything sound like EBS. (well not 100% accurate but close enough.

PS
    I'm thrilled to see that basstasters got EBS pre.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have one of the older EBS preamps, and it sounds great! You have to F&ck with EQ a bit, but I heard the newer ones are easier to dial in.

5. inazone

inazone Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    thanks for your replies. basstasters is a cool site.