EBS preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Jun 20, 2003.

1. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Just wanted to know if anyone had a ebs pre and what they thought of it. How does it compare to their heads and other preamps like dem, ampeg and aguilar? From what I can tell the ebs pre has a little more old school sound than the td series, but havent played one yet. I currently run a modulus q5 through a td650 into bergy cabs and was thinking about going to a power/pre setup. thanks for your help.
  2. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    We at http://www.basstasters.com will be testing a EBS shortly and posting the sound clips so you can compare it to other preamps... just another resource for you...
  3. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I have EBS-1V2 pre and I'm very happy with it. Recently I played EBS Drome combo and it sounded exactly like my pre. Momentarily I don't have power amp so I'm playing through pre+ really crappy combo and it sounds like EBS, before theat I played pre+ Trece elliot combo and it works with Yamaha combos too. To sum it all up: if you have EBS pre you can make anything sound like EBS. (well not 100% accurate but close enough.

I'm thrilled to see that basstasters got EBS pre.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have one of the older EBS preamps, and it sounds great! You have to F&ck with EQ a bit, but I heard the newer ones are easier to dial in.
  5. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    thanks for your replies. basstasters is a cool site.