EBS ProLine 410 or EPIFANI PS-410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Uros0466, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Have anyone tried both cabinets? Your impressions, please...

2. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    The EBS ProLine 2000 410 is a cabinet focused on high sensitivity, decent portability and good top end. The Eminence Gamma 10" speakers in it have a short voice coil and low Xmax. They will "come to life" even with a small amp, but they will not be much louder when used with a bigger amp. They will also not play lots of deep bass.
    The bass reflex tuning is pretty high, also focusing more on low mid punch than deep, fat bottom.

I have used th EBS box under "controlled circumstances" but did not much like the lack of low end and the inherent distorsion + mid range coloration so typical for many Eminence drivers.

/Alexander from Sweden

3. Thanks Alexander, very helpful.

4. janek65

janek65

Apr 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    I've used the Proline 410 with an EBS HD350 and a Fafner (my current amp) and the difference in sound from the cab with these amps struck me. The Fafner is a dream with this cab, with a good low end, while the 350 to my ear produces a sound with too little deep bass and too much low mids (in the 200-400 hz range). In other words, the amp you use can make a world of difference. Try before you buy i'd say.

5. Filip Burdon

Filip Burdon

Jan 16, 2012
    Warsaw Poland
    Bass player in https://www.facebook.com/TamamShodProg/
    Have anyone compared the EBS CL 410 with the EBS Pro line 410?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021