Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS rules

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Dec 12, 2002.

1. A brand new EBS TD 650 just came in the mail for me yesterday. Holy Crap, what a nice amp. I am more than pleased with the sound and flexibility of this amp. My only complaint is that I'm playing through a lone Ampeg 4x10 and I can tell I'm not getting everything I could out of the amp, but another cab will have to wait. I shouldn't say that that is my only complaint; My girlfriend gave me a portion of the money to buy the amp as an early and only Christmas present. Now she says I can't play it until christmas. I convinced her to let me use it last night to make sure it worked but now I have to stare at this kick-a** amp for two weeks, and not use it!!! This is going to suck. :mad:

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm...use this time to think about what you'll do with it when you finally get to turn it on in 2 weeks!:D

Heck...maybe you could even spend that time finding some ridiculously loud cabinet to rent for the EBS' trial run:D

There could be worse things in this life...;)

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    All good things to those who wait???

Waiting's half the fun?????

4. Flanker

Flanker

Feb 12, 2002
    UK
    I have a TD 650 and play it every day.

Two weeks? Dump the girlfriend!! :D :D :D

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hang tough, man. It will be a very nice Christmas, indeed.

You are a bass player, after all, and we all know that bass players all have that inner Zen kinda thing going. ;)

I'm pretty green with envy. We all expect to hear more reports on the HD650 when you finally get to use it. I'm sure your cab will work fine until you can save up and get something that you want. You might find that what you have does the trick.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I say that you go out there and find her a killer present in the comming weeks.

Peace
    Nick

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I would think so....my lovely girlfriend came up with some extra bucks when I bought my Eden WT-800. What a gal! :)

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Indeed!

I just asked mine for a set of Hear-o's(sp?) earplugs, but when she pulls through Ill be just as happy!

Peace
    Nick

PS: I already worked out a deal with my dad to get a WP-100, so of course Ill still be getting my fill of Eden!;)

9. Why not just spend time with your girlfriend for the next two weeks, and then with you EBS-friend for the two weeks after the first two? (Did this make sense? )

After all the girlfriend can run away from you, the EBS-friend will never leave you unless you want it to, right? (or gets stolen :eek: ). Perhaps blackmail.......... let her sleep on the couch for two weeks... ;) :D Good luck!