1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS Stanley Clarke Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Proton Lenny, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Does anyone know the release date for the EBS Stanley Clarke Wah? I'm very interested in this pedal, but their website has been the same for quite a while. I want some sound clips/videos. Or maybe I'll just buy it. But nevertheless, I need to know when it is coming out. Anybody?

Proton

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    check out soundclips for the uniwah for an idea - the stanwah is the updated version

3. Proton Lenny

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Yeah, I have checked those out, and I really like it. I'm planning on buying the Stanley Clarke Sig. model. I guess more than clips I just wan to know the release date so I can put my order in. :)

Proton

4. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    you, me and a bunch of other people are waiting to hear this. try search much?

5. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    Any one ever heard Stanley playing a Wah pedal?

6. blackcrayon

blackcrayon

Feb 5, 2006
    I assumed that "wah-ish" sound he gets from his tenor bass playing (which is most of what he plays these days) was from some kind of wah device, whether a pedal or something fancy on his alembic :)

7. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    I'd love to try out this wah, but I think I've found the best wah for me in my wilson wah. Still someone buy one already...

8. Proton Lenny

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Anyone have any updates on when this pedal will be available? I sent EBS a message a month or so ago, and they said late April or early May. Anybody hear any news?

Proton

9. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    No new updates on the website, but everytime I see it I want a candy apple red wah pedal.

10. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Both new EBS pedals (Clarke Wah & Metal Drive) arrived at the US Distributor's this week, and EBS dealers are starting to receive the pedals as we speak.

11. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    :bassist:

12. Vynns

Vynns Guest

May 5, 2008
    Yeah. I was at my local musicshop about 2 or 3 days ago, and they had it in stock. I haven't had a chance to play it yet however, as I was quite pressed for time that particular day. Also, I am poor. The thing was priced at €279,-! That's almost as much as my amp and cab combined cost me! I'll make due with my trusty cheapo guitar-wah for now, thankyouverymuch.

13. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    well maybe but this one has STANLEY CLARKE's name on it

14. jmiller

jmiller

Dec 31, 2006
    Manager at Bass Club Chicago
  15. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    wow, $100 more than the uniwah

16. Vynns

Vynns Guest

May 5, 2008
    Yeah, well. I can get the same thing with a sharpie.

Still, if I had the money...

17. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I was just going to break the news that they are on eBay, but I guess it's old news! I was looking at getting a Wah One, waiting on someone to deliver the verdict on the Stan Wah!

18. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Sorry for this hi-jack, but I got one and it is simply amazing. It will give you whatever wah tone you can think of. It will even give you wah on a low B if you want (which some 'bass' wahs don't manage to do well). While I'd love to keep it, I got in over my head with my $$$ situation. If you're interested in obtaining a like new Clarke wah w/ less than 1 hour of use (HONESTLY!) at a good discount, let me know. To see more details as to why I'm an idiot, click the link in my signature.

tomasv likes this.
  19. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    I don't care about the name, and I don't really like the color, but the description sounds freakin killer. Especially the part about being able to use it as a volume pedal, with passive/active switch. and the pass mode selector. That's something I wish my Weeping Demon had.

20. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    :) I bought it yesterday,i love it!
    One more great pedal from EBS I gotta say.