EBS Strings? NOT E. Balls

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rickbass, Feb 5, 2003.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'm a sucker for trying new strings.

Anyone have any comments about EBS strings (stainless rounds)???

(c'mon you Swedish TB'ers)

2. Hi Rick!
    I've played with EBS-strings for about 5 years now and I think they're great. IMHO I think they sound a lot like DR strings but are easier on your fingers. Try them out! I think you will like them. I do!
  3. rickbass

Thanks, Andreas. I didn't think many people had experience with EBS strings, at least in the USA, so I was hoping someone, especially in Sweden, knew something about them.

I don't know who makes their strings, but I have always had great respect for the EBS name, (I have an EBS pedal), and thought their strings would also be excellent.

FWIW - I'm a DR-junkie but it would be nice to find something a little easier on the fingertips, as you mentioned.
  4. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I tried a Jazz Bass once that I think had a new set of EBS on them. They were really bright and aggressive sounding, and felt very raspy to my fingers. I've never played DR's so I can't compare them, but I'm not a SS kind of guy to begin with.
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think they are kind of slappers strings. Rotosound Swingbass-like but even brighter.

I think I once tried a Warwick strung with EBS strings, with those bell brass frets it was like hitting small silver bells or something, just insane.
  6. I play my Warwick Corvette with EBS strings and I love it. Sounds like Warwick's own strings, Black Label, but with more mids. I mainly play rock and metal and they sound fabulous with distortion too. I really recommend these strings!
  7. How are the EBS strings tension-wise compared to Hi-Beams?
  8. I think I can't answer you that, cause it was too long ago I played with DR so I can't remember...
    (I'm very happy with the EBS strings so I don't have to try other brands...:D )
  9. rickbass

Based on all your good input, I figure - what the hey??? Trying a set of EBS costs no more than a dinner at a good restaurant in the US.

It would be cool if they are made with the legendary Swedish steel.
  10. Thank you, and good luck with the string.
    Please, tell us what you think when you have put them on.

11. Weasel

Feb 18, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    I´m not from Sweden but from the neighbour, Finland ;) I have EBS strings in Warwick Corvette FNA and the tone is, well, perfect. Someone said something about great mid tone? He´s right. Usually mids are kinda flat, but these babies brings even the mids out with power and clarity. Try´em, they are the standard!