Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS STRINGS

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DenisW, Jun 13, 2004.

1. DenisW

DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Cork,Ireland
    Has anyone tried or uses these Strings.Does EBS make them on site or do they have them made by one of the big String companies.What are they like compared to other Strings like DR and Rotosound.I would love to try them or find out what they are like?

2. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I have used the EBS Northern Lights on my Modulus Q5. They sound similar to DR's but are much smoother to the touch. Unfortunatly the store that carried them quit ordering them and I had to switch brands. I highly recomend them. As far as who manufactures them, I do not know.

3. narrow guy

narrow guy

Feb 28, 2013
    I used the stainless-steel EBS Northern Lights strings for a couple of years until my local dealer quit carrying them. I live in the States and as far as I can tell, they're next to impossible to get here now. I'd love to know of a local (or at least domestic) distributor, because I loved them when I had access to them -- nice tension, great tone, great harmonics and exceptional longevity.

I've played DR Lo-Riders since, and I really like them as well, but I've been pining for the EBS strings.