Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS TD650

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Anybody own a EBS TD650? Happy with it? How loud is it? Can it keep up with a loud metal drummer and guitarist at the 4 ohm setting? Can you get an aggressive metal tone out of it if you desire? How is the distortion? Any input you give is greatly appreciated.

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I own a Fafner, which has 30 watts LESS than the TD 620, and I've played the HD350, which has the same preamp as the TD 620, and from this my experience tells me that you will have NO volume problems playing through this amp if you're trying to keep up with a loud drummer and a guitarist or three.

I can't really comment on the distortion in the TD, but the Fafner's distortion section is pretty cool. It's not as blazing as some distortion, but the gain definitely is in-your-face.

As far as playing in a metal band, EBS' image in Europe is that it's designed for metal. In the US, the image seems to be jazz, so it's just extremely versatile.