EBS Unichorus problem possible vendor problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JerseyFunk, Apr 12, 2004.

1. JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    I bought a "new" EBS Unichorus off of EBAY from a vendor that shall remain namelss or now. When I used it with each of my three basses there seems to be some low end distortion and when you let a chord ring out there's some low level crackling going on too. I explained this to the vendor and they said go ahead and send it back. I asked if they had another to exchange it with and they said no. So I sent it back and a few days pass after they've received it so I emailed them and asked if they could process the credit. He says well we tried it out and it's fine then he started to draw conclusions that I have bad business practices since they feel I retured it for other reasons. Has anyone else had a problem with their EBS Chorus like this? I changed the battery with 2 others I even checked the batteries with a volt mete so that's not the problem. I also checked the battery voltage on my basses. I tried different cables and went through two different amps. Did I miss something?So now I don't know what to do. I sent them a polite email back further descibing the problem in hopes to have someone hear what I heard and if they don't I asked them to have the owner of the business contact me. Now what? I'm sure I'll hear from them tomorrow. This business has a spotless record on EBAY which is good. I was just suprised that the salesman got on the defensive the way he did. He could have just said after testing it I don't hear what you're talking about please call me to discuss further. Sorry to vent I mainly just wanted an answer the my questions above....anyone have this problem? and did I miss anything?

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Obviously your using an active EQ & possibly a 5 string, correct?

Did you try adjusting the internal trim pot?

I had one & sold it for the same reason...

3. JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    Two of my bases have active pups with preamp and one of those two is a 5er but my Fender JB Special is passive, and the same thing occured with that.....Low notes distort and there's a staticy sound in the backround. It was easily heard by playing chords. Anyways, the dealer responded to my last email and he's giving me a refund. He said he didn't hear what I was hearing. I hope he doesn't put it back up on Ebay for some other poor soul to buy.
  4. Falk

Jan 18, 2004
    I have one, and it sounds fine.
    I can't recall any distortion, but it's been a while since I've used it. :meh:

Try contacting EBS and explain your problem to them.
    I'm sure they'll be most happy to assist you.
    Them swedes are very pleasent people, you know... :D :D

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I use mine with active basses, and have had no problems like that. Very lush sounding chorus pedal to me.
  6. Soulman

Apr 23, 2006
    I've tried two new ones and they distort.

No other brand, even the cheap one, distort.

EBS distorts.

They're crap.

EBS is a marketing exercise we all got caught up in.
  7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Soulman, we get it already. :) No need to go digging up ancient threads just to slag EBS some more.