1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Valve Drive Bass Guitar Pedal - Worth owning?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by G-Z, May 28, 2018.

1. G-Z

G-Z My other account is a

Apr 13, 2018
    Straya
    Looking for input from anyone with personal experience with an EBS Valve Drive Bass Guitar Pedal.

I have an old Laney L120BH paired with a 1x15 cabinet that's sitting in a corner gathering dust and just spotted the pedal secondhand in classifieds for around USD$150 (needs a tube replacement, reportedly).

Would the pedal make a significant enough improvement to the old solid state Laney that buying it and replacing the tube might be worthwhile?

I should qualify it that I don't actually need the Laney rig (currently using an SVT-4 Pro into an SVT-810E).

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I tried one many years ago & didn't notice anything 'magical' about it. Sounded quite flat & transparent to me.

Bassist30 and G-Z like this.
  3. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I had this pedal and was very disappointed. Not saying it wasn't any good to some, Just that for me I did not find it to be a game changer.

G-Z likes this.