Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS Valve Drive VS. EHX English Muffin

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by djshawn47, Mar 2, 2006.

1. So I’m trying to decide between an EBS ValveDrive and an EHX English Muffin. I have heard samples of the English Muffin and I have played the Valve Drive, but I don’t have anyway of comparing the two side by side. They both sounded amazing from what I heard. I want the pedal that will have more gain and I am trying to decide which one will based on the specs.

The EBS has one 12AX7 tube and the EHX has two 12AY7 tubes. Does anyone know how the two would compare in gain? I know that a 12AX7 has higher gain than a 12AY7 but does one “X” have more than two “Y”s? I’ve heard that It depends on how the circuitry of how the “Y”s are set up……

Anyone have any idea or feedback?

Thanks

2. Keskin

Keskin

Feb 20, 2006
    I was going to order the English Muffn but ive seen the Valvedrive and now iam a bit divided. Dont know which one has more drive, i couldnt find any sound samples from the EBS. You can buy 2 Muffns for that money but on the other side the EBS has 2 channels and is especially bass design. From what i heard the Muffn is leaking at the low end because its made for guitar, maybe thats not an issue with the EBS + the 2 Channels are a great +.
    If someone knows where to find Valvedrive samples pls post it.