1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Valvedrive into power amp??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SubNoizeRat3691, Nov 1, 2013.

1. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Good mornin:bassist:g,
    I've been looking to simplify my amp setup for some time now, and what I've come up with is this: Fender p bass special, into a couple boss effects, into an EBS valvedrive, into a Carver PM-175 1bridged into a fearful 12/6. The Carver can be had cheap. And I was hoping the valve drive had enough juice to run straight into the power amp.
    Does anyone know is that is possible?

Also, what specs should I be looking at to figure this out for myself next time?

Thanks!

2. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Also, I should probably add, I'll be running thru the pa 90% of the time, the 12/6 being mostly a stage monitor. Are there other pedals I should consider for the same type of application?

3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Might could drive a power amp, but you'd probably need a boost pedal for good measure. Here's a thread I found with some relevant info:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/can-ebs-valvedrive-drive-power-amp-745545/

Other pedals to look at that are more designed for this kind of thing are the EBS MicroBass, Aguilar Tone Hammer, Sansamp BDDI, VT Bass DI, etc depending on your flavor.