1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD EBS ValveDrive Ver. 1 (non-DI)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by ric426, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price:
    $165
    Here's an EBS ValveDrive pedal in excellent condition with original EBS 12v supply. It's a great sounding tube preamp that works equally well as an overdrive. It's a got a really sweet sounding tube overdrive sound, plus by hitting the "Vintage" pedal it kicks in some diode clipping for a taste of fuzz when desired.

I used it as a tube preamp straight into a power amp and it sounded great, but my power amp has poor input sensitivity and I couldn't get full power out of it. The ValveDrive did better than just about any other preamp I tried though. You can easily dial back the output level to run it before an amp like a conventional effects pedal as well.

It's got the typical Fender style tone stack with treble, mid and bass controls, gain control to dial in however much overdrive you like and the volume control to manage the output level.
    It responds really well to tube rolling to tailor the sound to your liking.

$165 shipped by Priority Mail (US shipping only). Payment by USPS Money Order is preferred, but Paypal is OK too. Not really looking for any trades at this point, but I'm open to offers.

ValveDrive1. ValveDrive2. ValveDriveBack.

sharpbass likes this.
  2. Thickest... overdrive... EVER.

3. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Yep, it can do nice, smooth tube overdrive and it'll do rip-your-face-off, screaming distortion when you want it.

4. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Sold pending payment.