1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Wah1 VS Cry Baby

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basslyon, Feb 25, 2008.

1. basslyon

basslyon

Jun 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Non fosters drinking alcoholic.
    I couldn't find anything comparing these two directly and they are contending for my cash. Anyone tried/owned them both? which one do you prefer any why

2. bassspielplatz

bassspielplatz Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I have owned my white crybaby bass for a few years now. Then, the EBS came along, which also has a built-in volume function on it, and I thought: "great! now I can sell both my crybaby and my Ernie Ball volume pedal, have both functions combined on a single pedal, and save valuable pedalboard space!!".

Then, I tried the EBS. In my opinion, the volume function has a much narrower range than the EB Vol.
    And the wah..., it just doesn't have the same presence and low-end depth as the white one...sorry!
    So, my pedalboard still has those two pedals. I haven't looked back since.
    I hope this helps. Good Luck!

3. I on the other hand prefer EBS from the two. I can record some samples tomorrow if you want.

4. basslyon

basslyon

Jun 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Non fosters drinking alcoholic.
    Yeah sample are good

although I know my local store has the ebs and someone around town must have a crybaby so i will get to try them both out at some point

meanwhile i have 1 vote either way so anyone else got an opinion??

5. i have no experience with the ebs but ive been using the crybaby for a little while now and love it. no loss of low end (it barely effects the low notes), the adjustable q is great, although i usually have it maxed out and the volume is simple and provides for pain free transitioning. i use it with an octave pedal and those are my only two pedals. the bypass is ok, its definately not 100% true bypass but i use the fx loop on my head and it works fine.

6. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Jackie endorses Sire guitars,EBS amps and pedals,Dunlop Strings,Evidence Audio cables,and iGiG cases
    I've used both and I prefer the EBS pedal because of the envelope filter function.I agree with the above email about the volume function,it has no range but the EBS Wah is more versatile...you just have to take some time with the pedal to get the most out of it.I use the EB pedal for my volume.

I actually endorse EBS and I also did the sound samples for the WahOne on the website...check it out at www.ebssweden.com go to the product section and find the WahOne then go to the sound samples.I did those about 3 yrs ago without really knowing the pedal...I can really get it to scream now! hahaha!

I still suggest that you try them both and make your own decision cause it's YOUR money you're spending! :) :)

Peace,

jackie clark