Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rich37, Apr 14, 2003.

1. I posted this once last week but I still can't make up my mind, sigh....I can't A/B them 'cause they're hard to get in holland.

I recently bought a EBS TD650
    And I'm thinking of a 410(70-18Khz,800w)

I'm not sure if these handle my low B nice, since they don't go lower as 50Hz.

Or a 212(30-18Khz,400w)

I don't know if this will provide me enough clarity and transparity.

What do you guys think??
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've played the 4x10 with a low B before, and let me tell you: "Numbers are for geeks!":eek:

Ignore them. This cab goes lower, IMO, than many others out there that are rated with lower numbers. This cab will give you tons of punch and clarity.

BTW: Congrats on the new acquisition!:D
  3. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I agree - the 650 must rock! The 410/115 pair will smoke. Don't worry about your low B, you'll shake the house AND blow your hair forward.
  4. Thanks for the replies and help, Ram and Vanselus

I ordered the 410 today for $ 1000, I can't wait.

oh.... That pre/post switch next to the xlr output on the TD650, in what position will the sound engineer control he equalization of my bass signal??

5. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    normally its PRE to give the sound engineer the un-EQ'd signal... POST gives him the signal after your EQ section.
  6. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Yea baby.

EBS rules.

ooh yea whatever Ram says:D, being he's the EBS
    Spokesman here at talk bass.;)
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL

Add a Korg tuner and a Furman PL-8 and that's my rig!!!
  8. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So...ahhh...whaddya think?:D

And, I'm blushin' right now!:p
  9. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Hey Rich,

I have an EBS 2x12 and I love it in every situation. I can hear myself clearly, loudly and it handles my B's without a sweat. 10's are cool but not my preferred speakers. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong regardless of your EBS selection. It's all quality stuff.