Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

echo chamber

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Hi guys, I gotta 1963 fender electronic echo chamber that needs a tape. Does anyone know where I can find them? I've searched the web and i'm coming up empty.

2. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    If you have'nt allready, try ebay. I know there are a
    few echoplex reproductions out there. The one that springs to mind is called "the plex".Maybe they use the same size tape. I'm not all that familiar with tape echo machines. But, i'm pretty sure you can still buy tape for most of the vintage ones. I'll try to dig some stuff up. You got a neat toy there man. You should try to get it up and going again.

3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Yea, I found a few tape cartriges on ebay. (search under "echoplex", "tape echo" etc.) But your best bet would be www.anologman.com . If it exists, they can get it for you. Let me know if you find anything.

4. ...thanks man! I've looked at analogman.com, but haven't given him a call to see if he's got them. It also has a weird output jack, almost looks like a rca jack, i'll have the weekend to play with it.