Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Echoplex - ***???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jeff schmidt, Sep 13, 2004.

1. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    4 months ago these were selling for arounf 799 US on Musicians Friend - now they're going for over 900!

I put off getting one back then cuz I was in NEW bass and rig aquisition mode and didn't want to get distracted with complex new toys.

Now that I got my new tones dialed in - it's time for compltex new toys! But this Exchoplex price increase perpexes me. :confused:

2. Hey Jeff,
    Take a look on the Bay sometime as to what the used EDP's are going for, that will give you a little insight as to how they can get away with it. I've been searching for at least a year to get one of the original Oberheim units to match the one I already have. :) What's scary is I got my original unit for $425 with the footpedal brand new at a store, and shudder paying double that for a used one without all it's memory and older Loop software upgraded. Loop IV is still another $100 to upgrade, and it is worth it for doing wackier stuff.
    I love the one I have and truly they are worth the price, but I'm yearning for stereo looping.
    Good luck,
    Dirk

3. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Yeah . . . I shoulda known. I did see a few used ones on e-bay selling for way more the 799 Musician's friend price.

I even e-mailed 1 guy to tell him he was a moron for buying used gear for more than the new one sells for.

(BTW - if that was someone here on TB who paid 890 for a used echoplex when new ones were selling for 799 - please accept my heartfelt denial of an apology - I still think you're an ass :smug: )

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet. :meh: