Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ed can play!

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Jeff Bollbach, May 5, 2002.

1. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I got to hear and hang with Ed Fuqua last nite, he was playing with the Jon Raney trio at Cobi's Place in Manhattan. Very nice cat-much nicer in person than his curmugeonly TB personna! Ed swings hard too and is very loose with his axe. Great tone and judging from his time he's spent an hour or two playing with a metronome. Cobi's place has a sweet intimate vibe and if you can definately check it out. Ed is playing there again May 18 with what appears to be an interesting band-perhaps he'll tell us about it.
    Don-where were you?

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I agree ED TOHELLWITHYOU (not too good at the Fuquaization of names) plays his ass off on the Obligato'ed German. Whether the FlatLander is there or not...

3. Sorry I missed it. I was just worn out, not ready for the schlepp from Jersey.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This is news? Ed's been spraying Puke all over the place for some time now. If you get a chance, definitely check out the DEAF SOURBARF Quintet thing - I've got an MD of some of that stuff around here someplace, and it really kicked my *ss when I first heard it...great tunes, great arrangements, great energy, and NOT just the standard fare at all. Incredibly creative and fun.

ALL HAIL DEAD PUKESPRAY!!!

P.S. - Ed, say hi to BOIL LANCED from old DURRL, willya? Helluva nice guy, sent me a copy of the Real Book Vol. II (which you can't get here) after the camps last year, and only accepted any payment for his trouble after I insisted. The world could use a few more like him.

5. Jeff Bollbach

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Ed Howmuchdoesafukeway- didja use the bread from the Cobi gig to become a supporter? Awesome avatar-it really is a beautiful picture. Zat you? Who took the picture?

6. The word is, those are Ray Parker's hands, although Ed took the picture.

7. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Ed - Very cool picture.

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    They don't look "hammy" enough to be Ed's....Mr. PUKESPRAY'S hands always look as if they were made for crushing small to medium sized rocks. Or skulls. Perhaps we'll get a definitive answer soon?

9. Jeff Bollbach

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
  10. jimclark68

jimclark68

Dec 16, 2000
    Morganton, NC
    Great picture, Ed... for some reason it makes me remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets scouted by the Calvin Klein ad people, one of whom exclaims, "His buttocks are sublime!", except that I hear her saying , "His hands are sublime!"

Also, it's clearly one of the best avatars I've seen at TB, and it was only up for a day at the right of the website... next we'll have to look at some FiElDy fan's picture of his slab for a week. Where's the justice?