Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ed Fuqua on CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by brianrost, May 28, 2002.

1. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I saw a review in Cadence magazine of a CD with one Ed Fuqua on bass. Recorded in NYC, I'm not sure how many bassists of that name there could be down there :D

Fess up, Ed is that you?

Wish I could remember who the leader was but my brain is foggy today :rolleyes:

2. Isn't the CD called "Before You Close Your Eyes..." or something? (old-age-brain-fart-moment kicking in here...)

- Wil

3. Ed, sorry about screwing up the title - I already have a copy of the "Before I Close..." CD (tasty, I might add...) and thanks for the heads-up on the new one - a copy of which should be winging its way to me as I write this (thank you cdbaby.com!) - I'm looking forward to hearing it ;)

- Wil

PS: Good Luck with the brand new crib...

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Yup, it was a review of Ecology...no it's not online (Cadence isn't into that stuff) but they didn't like it much, anyway :eek: though the good news is they didn't have anything bad to say about the bass work :rolleyes:

If you're familiar with Cadence you know they can write some pretty withering reviews!!!!!

If my scanner is still alive (haven't used it for months) I guess I could scan the review.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    T'ain't no man 'til you gots some land.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    It's a great feeling, ain't it, Ed?

7. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Sounds good! I enjoy the production - interesting eq commonalities between toms and bass....

8. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    That's the one I was listening to, cap'n!