Ed Roman Rants?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SundanceChile, Mar 10, 2006.

1. I do know that Mr. Roman has made himself quite the "reputation" regarding his services and such, but after reading a few of his rants, it really makes you wonder, take it with a grain of salt? Any opinions on Ed's ranting from my fellow TB'rs?:confused:
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I'm a PRS fan.
  3. I like how after a good deal of his rants, he ties it into his own "custom" instruments, if you get my drift.;)
  4. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Exactly, he seems to have many brands better than PRS, but they're all in house. Huh?
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    With ER, I've taken the approach of "If you can't say anything good, don't say anything.

If Ed took that approach, he wouldn't have much to say.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

7. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    ED, should run for President, he seems to have a lot to say:rolleyes: :eyebrow:
  8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I have never met the man. After reading his rants, I never will. I would never spend a dime at his store. There is something to be said for buying high-priced items from people who are courteous, polite and honest. Ed doesn't seem to have any of these traits.
  9. Oh my goodness! I don't like the man's web presence either. But I'd go in just to drool on some axes.

Anyone know if they let you plug in there?
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Not unless you flash a couple grand cash in his face.
  11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Pull up in a Limo and have 50 people waiting on the sidewalk screaming for autographs and you MIGHT get a chance to plug something in.

From the pics, I don't think I'd even go in the place (and he has a lot of instrument I'd love to see in person). The place just looks like it has no soul. Lifeless and empty, even with all that gear in it.
  12. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    His "Ghostbuilders" rant was comical. I like how Ed Roman's Custom Shop built Van Valen's guitars. Also, since he claims to have a bunch of Stienberger parts, I wouldn't buy a vintage Stieny from him. :scowl: :scowl:
  13. BassSteve

Mar 12, 2006
    I knew Ed when he owned East Cost Music in CT (my home). He built a reputation as a rude, obnoxious, a-hole that apparently has followed him to Vegas, or wherever he is now. I bought a Kramer 8 string (remember those BC Rich-ish looking things) from him and swore I would never give him another cent! My friend Morgan used to work for him and eventually took the reins of East Coast when Ed left. He may have been one of the few people who could stand him...