Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ed Roman Selling a Ritter on the Bay?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirk Diggler, Jun 18, 2004.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=3730965901&rd=1
    Wow how the mighty have fallen, I was under the assumption from reading his rants that he would never sell or buy on the Bay. I've always gassed over that Ritter as the ultimate fretless, but without playing one, and that much cash, yikes.
    But hey it's $800 under list. :)
    Well here's to hoping some pocket cash filled maniac picks that puppy up.
    Cheers,
    Dirk

2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    Ed Roman in Vegas.

says it all.

saw him across the room at a recent NAMM.

Fellini's Ed Roma. Ultimate in gluttony.

f

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Nothing lends a little credibility to one's vociferous opinions like a dash of hypocrisy. Nice bass, though. Too bad I'd rather be keelhauled than do business with Ed Roman.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Ditto. Ed's on my short list of people whom I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire....

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    After all that eBay bashing? Pathetic.

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    what about ed roman? why do people hate him so much? i've heard the name, but dont know anything about him :confused:

8. Erick Warner

Erick Warner

Jun 26, 2002
    Missouri
    Can someone give me the link to that site about Ed that has all those stories were he's ripped someone off?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Erick

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    http://edroman.aleclee.com

10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If you search the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for Ed Roman, you will find that his Connecticut store has unresolved issues which gives him a negative rating.

If you check on his Las Vegas location, the BBB says they carry no rating on his store since he has yet to provide an official business license for this location.

Remember, this is the BBB. Many companies will do outright swaps if you write the BBB with a problem just so they don't get a negative rating, even if it isn't their policy. Ed just doesn't give a **** about his customers.

This alone would have me steer way clear of this guy. But, if that isn't enough, search for people's nightmares from dealing with this guy.

From everything I've read and what little research I've done Ed Roman is the last person on the planet you want to buy a bass from.

11. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Well, I have to be honest here. I DID buy a bass from Ed Roman a couple of years back. It was a Ric 4003. The reason? Simple. I was looking for a Midnight Blue model and the dealers in KC said it would take several months to get one from Rickenbacker. He got me one in a week. I was in Vegas and bought it there and he shipped it home for me. arrived at the promised time with no problems. So it is hard for me to bad mouth the guy "too" much. I understand that a lot of folks have had really bad dealings with him. But after his "rants" about EBAY I would advise a great deal of caution when considering buying from him......

12. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    Quiglies? (sp?)

i used to live in overland park.

f

13. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    This is the first, non-derogetory account of an Ed Roman deal, I believe I've ever read... All I know is, those leprechaun shots are funny as hell!

14. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Ed Roman = Ass.

15. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Wasn't RandallFlagg the evil henchman of the dark side that lived in LAS VEGAS in Stephen King's the Stand. Doesn't Ed Roman live in Vegas? Are you Ed Roman?
    :eyebrow: :eek: :ninja:

16. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    You're right!!!!!!

:mad:

17. Erick Warner

Erick Warner

Jun 26, 2002
    Missouri
    Thanks Mark.

This is weird - Im working right now in Overland Park - but I live in Kansas City.

Strange.

18. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    Sprint?

f

19. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Ed's eBay rant page

I am having some SERIOUS GAS over this one (it would go nicely with my Okon 5, don't ya think??? :D). Atually, with the dollar being weak that is about an $8,000 bass these days! :eek: The 36" scale, black finish (constant fingerprints on black finishes are like fingernails scraping a chalkboard to me), and Ed's reputation are really clouding the issue for me. Although, I think I would feel pretty safe buying a brand new instrument from another manufacturer from him. Check out his "Celinder" page - its a hoot - he only has them so he can show you how much better his "in house" brand is. :rollno:

20. Erick Warner

Erick Warner

Jun 26, 2002
    Missouri

Nah, that would be bad - they are still laying people off. Im near the campus though - at a small ad agency.