Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDA905F

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

What do you guys think of this? I'm really into jazz and I liked the four string version of this bass, esp. when I got it to sound like an upright. Does the five string mess everything up? Frankly, I think it looks better.

2. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    ask neptoon - he's got one.

3. If you're happy with yours I don't think you'd feel dissapointed with the fiver.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dig my fiver lots...i'm taking both of them to mike lull's shop for a good setup, fret levelling/dressing (i have a fretted eda905 as well) and i'm also getting him to put in a bartolini preamp. it's great so far, though...i just have to play with the mid settings on my amp to get it to cut properly.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    If you haven't played the EDA90_ that you're buying, don't buy one. I've heard a couple accounts of muddy, fuzzy sounding pickups on the EDA's. They were just lemons that they'd gotten when they special ordered it. Make sure you play the exact one before you buy it...just a precatuion.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i second that...QC at ibanez ain't the greatest thing in the world...that's not to say you can't get a fair ibanez. try before you buy

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
  8. Scott Lynch

thanks for all the adivce bros... I'll take a drive down to Sam Ash when I get the money.

9. Scott Lynch

the videos sound like someone ripiing ass... E^%$&^$& quicktime.