1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EDB400 vs MIM J Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Mar 25, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I went this afternoon to my local music store and they had a Ibanez EDB400. I have never been a Ibanez bass fan. Anyway I played the EDB400 for about 15 minutes and played a couple other Ibanez which did not play as well as well as the EDB400. I then went and played my MIM J Bass on the same amp and same settings the Ibanez had more bass and more output. I have custom shop 60's PUPs in my J Bass and I could not believe that the Ibanez IMO played better than the J Bass. I play praise and Worship at my Church and the owner told me to take it and try it out on my equipment. So if I like it I may be ebaying my J Bass. I have to admit I am not that knowledgable on different basses but could the Ibanez be better than the MIM J Bass. Thanks for any info.

Steve

One last not the EDB400 is now made of Basswood