1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EDB700 Owners, Any?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tumpinjahosafat, Aug 21, 2007.

1. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    What are your thoughts on this bass. I own it and quite frankly its lost its allure it had when i first bought it. Its still not to bad off a bass but I mean, im ready for another. Id keep it around just because its so fun to play on, being that its Uber comfortable. Just curious because i have found maybe 2 reviews of it on the entire internet, DAMNIT AL GORE!

2. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    I've got one and it's great but the action's a wee bit high and there's no adjustment left in the truss rod.

3. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    DAMNIT! I got the same exact problem man. Im thinkin of just buyin a new neck, how about you

4. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    Ahhhh, I am not alone! It's not actually my bass (long-term loan) and the owner had it set up as it was much worse before, apparently. It's certainly not unplayable but I wouldn't have bought it with an action this high. The tone from it is excellent and the variety of sound available just by moving your plucking hand around is very good. Coupled with the active EQ on board I am tempted to take it to an expert and see if it can be remedied (new truss, perhaps?). I know there's enough give in the neck as if I pull it backwards the action lowers a lot before any sign of fret buzz.

5. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Try the washer fix. slack the strings and unscrew the truss rod nut completely. Then, place one or more washers of the correct size into the recess. They should just barely fit into the recess for the truss rod nut and have a hole just wide enough for the truss rod threads. Leave enough space for the truss rod nut to get a good grip on the threads of the rod. Screw the nut snugly back on the rod, restring the bass, and tighten as desired. The washers will give the truss rod a little extra length in which to adjust, and also will spread the pressure of the truss rod nut across as much surface area of the wood as possible. It's a common repair for overtightened or older instruments.

6. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    wow thats some sick advice. Im going to check into that this week. Id do it now, but i got work everyday which blows so i dont have much time to work on this stuff. But ill get back to you on that, Thanks alot