EDC 700

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikemulcahy, Dec 20, 2000.

1. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Has anyone tried the EDC 700 like the one in the GiveAway?
    I am gonna try one this week and wanna know what the rest think about it as well.
  2. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    I actually tried out this bass a while ago and I really liked it. Not a bad thing about it. Its got more knobs and stuff than ive ever seen on a bass. You can do anything with it.Youll probably be impressed.
  3. I have, pretty good bass =) I'd buy one if I had spare $$

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    i hated the one i tried. i liked the looks of it, but it played terribly for me. i can't remember how it sounded though, i really didn't mess around with the onboard eq.
  5. I absolutely love the EDC700 and I can wait till I save up enough money to buy one. It can handle really low action without buzzing and it's great for slapping(I feel like I'm in Heaven when I play it).
    BTW, Casey you should have fooled around with that EQ, it's GREAT.
  6. Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    They are great. I have one and I love it I can get almost any tone out there. The neck is perfect, it plays the best I have played. I will admit I haven't played a whole lot but its quick and right hand play is a breeze too. I have heard people say that they didn't like ibanez pickups but they sound good to me. If you buy one check it for dead spots. I am happy with my purchase.

7. i'll tell you as soon as i win the giveaway. should be no sweat.

...hoping they'll give a poor college kid a break... i need a decent bass!!
  8. tyson

Feb 9, 2000
    Dallas, TX
    i got one new/second hand off ebay. it's my second baby. it's heavy and smells funny if you keep it in the case but the luthite gives it a nice deep sound. mine doesn't have any dead spots although i had to mess with the bridge and truss rod to get the action right...i don't think the previous owner knew what they were doing. anyway i put some GHS Boomers (.045-.105) on it...they give it kinda a crisp/clean sound. the pickups are pretty sensitive and electronics work well too...i like that the 9V battery has a seperate compartment. however, i'm not too impressed with the workmanship in the electronics box...knobs get loose and one of the circuit boards is kinda free floating and the shielding isn't exaclty perfect. i like the baby but i think i my redo or get redone the the electronics box. it's sweet on the outside...it deserves to be sweet on the inside.
  9. Gabu, what's with all the bumping. Useless posts in disguise, huh.:D