Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eddie and Bill

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Matt Ides, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just want to see which recordings of Bill Evans and Eddie Gomez TBDB's would recommend.

Thanks

2. Bill Evans and Eddie Gomez Intuition Fantasy Records 1974 I think?
    Bill Evans Trio w/ Gomez and Zigmund It Might As Well Be Spring 1977
    Bill Evans Trio at the Montreux Jazz Festival w/ De Johnette and Gomez on the Verve label. 1968 and I believe it won a Grammy
    Bill Evans Blue in Green Marty Morell and Eddie. A live concert (Cananda?)
    Bill Evans Trio Half Moon Bay again w/ Marty and Eddie. 1973 Another live concert.

3. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    "You Must Believe in Spring" Warner Bros.

4. You are correct sir, "You Must Believe In Spring" is the correct name of the record; not, "It Might As Well Be Spring". To much wine for me at the local St. Martin Festival (German holiday) this evening. Thanks for the correction, any others I screwed up? I'm going to go sleep it off, the Germans can sure drink.

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I did not mean to correct you....... :)

Great record though.

Guttennacht!

6. No worries.. I needed correcting; somebody could have spent a helluva amount of time searching for a Bill Evans record by the name of "It Might As Well Be Spring". My head is going to hurt tomorrow.

7. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks

8. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    This is my pick too. Great stuff! When I listen to this album, everything becomes right with the world.

Joe