Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden 112/212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassboysam, Feb 6, 2005.

1. As many of you have probably read here on TB the YBA200 is a little short on the mid department, I am therefore thinking of getting an Eden 212 or (2) 112s wich i understand have very defined mids. There is lots of info on the 212 not being a great cab especialy at higher volumes but I have not been able to find much info regarding the Eden 112s, do they suffer from the same problem as the 212s? Does the Eden 215 also have that distinct mid hump as well? Its a little bigger than what i was looking for but if its a better buy than the 212 i would consider it..or maybe two 1x15s.

One more quick question...if i were to get some new speakers for my Acoustic 106 2x15 that would have higher power ratings than the current speakers in there (100W), is there a brand or model of speaker can replicate the eden cabs mid hump?

thanks in advance.

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have an eden 212 and I have to whole heartedly disagree about any negatives on this cabinet. I have a GK 700 RBII and there is 480 watts goin to a 400 watt cabinet. This thing sounds beautiful. Very full but tight lows with sweet highs. Even with the tweeter turned all the way down this cab sings.

danman

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I no longer own the cab, but I used a 212XLT for years and was very impressed. I powered the 212XLT and a Mesa Boogie Diesel 4x10 with a PLX 3002 in bridged mono (3,000 watts), and never had a problem. So experiences do seem to vary with this cab. I did eventually develop some strange tears in my drivers, but after talking to Dave Nordshaw, he said they were related to a small run of drivers which had a manufacturing defect, and he replaced both drivers (even though it was not under warranty anymore).

The 212XLT is one of my two favorite Eden cabs (the other being the D210XST). That said, I am now more enamored with the sound of EA, Accugroove, Epifani, Bergantino, etc.

Tom.