1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden 1205 issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MtJam, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MtJam

MtJam Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Maryland
    Just for kicks tonight I plugged my Alembic into my Eden 1205 and noticed something. I had the master set at about 3 o'clock and I could hardly hear the bass until I set the gain to around 11 o'clock. I know this goes against how Eden recommends to set your sound, but I was just messing around. I always thought this amp was way underpowered when I used to gig with it, but this was ridiculous. I would be extremely disappointed with it if I paid what Eden used to ask for these when they first came out.

Anyone else experience such a thing? Reminded me why I use the Tone Hammer...

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    The gain staging on the 1205 sucked when they were first introduced. You could send it back to the factory at that time to have increased but it still sucked IMO.

3. I've had my 1205 since 2006. Had two gain mods done. The first at the factory, the second at a local Eden service repair. I have to admit that on my passive basses, I have to max the gain control. The clip light still does not light. Most of my active bass my gain is somewhere between 11 o'clock and 3 o'clock. I have to say volume is never an issue. I have done many outdoor large venues, and I have never had the master past 4. I also have never bridged my amp. I have talked to alot of guys who blew speakers when bridging. I have never needed to.That is with a D410xlt and a D210xlt. I know many guys have had serious issues with their units, but mine seems to be a good one!

4. I was disappointed with the gain on my 1205 when I first got it. I just played with the gain, and realized that I had to crank it, even with an active bass. Plenty of power, though. (I ended up getting rid of it for unrelated issues... Traded it in on the Aggie.)

5. I crank my 1205 gain all the way up with a passive bass, but the input lights do flash and I get nicely into compression (not too much, just right). My master never goes above 2 and half, though - it's loud.

I can always add the WTDI pedal if I ever need more. When I do, I end up dialing back the WTDI output to match my 1205 settings.

6. MtJam

MtJam Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Maryland
    Update: I found the magic of this amp when I started to use it with 4 Aguilar 112s. I plug my Alembic Series 2 into channel 2 and voila, there's the sound and power I would expect from this head! Had thought about selling it previously, but I will definitely keep it now!