Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN 1205's do exist!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burk48237, Oct 28, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    One arrived at LDS today, one day after the Eden clinic. Sweet amp, I played it with a Warwick Dolphin 5, Fender QMT 5 and a Marcus Miller 5. This was the biggest version of the Eden sound I've ever heard. I wish I would have had my Sadowsky with me to give it the ultimate test. A few quick observations:

Unlimited Headroom, I could not get this amp to Fart or even breath funny. 1200 eden watts is a lot of power.

Features, It has foot-switchable channels, dual effects boost, variable compressor, foot-switchable "tone-booster" overdrive and different EQ's on the channels. Pre-post ban DI on both channels, cool.

Price, IT was selling for about 175 more then the WT800B and the backlighted Eden insignia was worth the price difference alone, way cool :D

All in all a very cool amp in a very well thought out versatile package. I'm not giving up my WT 550 anytime soon but I can't Imagine a working pro that would need more amp. A real nice 2 space pro rig.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    First one to hit the used market is MINE :D

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    It was very nice. I still prefer the WT550/WT800B/Navigator three band Para Metric controls better.

I have been using the Navigator for three years now and love it. Now that I am going to a smaller light rig I may be looking at the WT800B (26lbs. compared to 44 lbs.)

The Nav has some great little features. I wish they made a Nav800B. Now that would be in my rack very fast.

Glad you got to try it out.

*Edit*
    Just talked to my rep and he wants me to try it out again. LOL

4. Thanks for the review. It looks like Eden is doing a good job refreshing their line of products.

Seems like these switchable channel amps with subtle differences between the two channels is becoming popular... with the AG500, the Epi502 and eventually 902, and now this particular Eden model. I personally don't need that particular functionality, but is sounds like it would be great is you regularly double or if you use some extreme EQ settings (like heavy distortion on some tunes, etc.).

5. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    The GBE1200 has something similar IIRC.
    Nice to have two different footswitchable sounds.

6. I forgot about that model. Also, the old Mesa Basis M-2000 probably was the ultimate example of the switchable 2 channel thing.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    WHOA. Dammit Burk. I have severe amp GAS now.

8. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    SWR SM-900 has always had that as well.

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Going to call my guy at Eden and have them send me one to try. Base on past experience, I should have it in a week or so. Will post more about it then. I got to try it for about 30 minutes about 4 weeks ago.

10. SWR900 had two switchable semi-parametricEQ's, but not switchable channels.