Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden 2-12 xlt maybe a 2-10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Hey I am playing through a hartke ha 7000 into a carvin rl1-18 and a Genz benz 2-10 xb2. this isnt doing it for me way to muddy. I am thinking aout rplacing the 18 with a Eden 2-12 xlt. Would this give me the low end I want with out being muddy? also is $499 a good price for a 2-12. or would a 2-10 Xltfor $399 be a better price and provide some good lows a good punch. I really like the sound of a svt 8-10 but it is impractical for me.

2. oh yeah I play strictly 5's so handling the low B is imp.. even though I dont go that low hardly ever

3. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I owned both the 212xlt and the 210xlt together at the same time. The 212xlt didn't seem to have the lows or the punch of the 210xlt. It had more of a higher-mid emphasis. I eventually unloaded the 212xlt. I just didn't do want I wanted it to do.

If these are your two choices, and you are looking for more low-end and punch, I would go for the 210xlt.

4. I have also owned both cabs together. My setup was fairly massive and definitely dub-worthy. 2x12's will give you a nice wide bottom but still retain the punch you need for a stand-alone if need be. My D210XLT didn't seemn as happy with the fat synth-bass tones as my D212XLT did. Neither cab has stood the test of time however. I traded my Eden 2x12's for two EB-MM HD212's that have twice the headroom and sound far larger and more importantly; deeper. The Eden 2x10 only worked for me for adding "punch" to my warm 12" purr. It really does not have the low freq. extension one needs IMO. Now that new XST...?

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Word on the street is that the 210XST is what you might be looking for, harley. Supposed to have better bottom than most 4x10's and equal to a 1x15, but with no mud and the quickness of tens.

I plan on getting one in a couple of months to put on top of my Metro.