Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 210 wedge?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Jun 28, 2005.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Have a chance to pick one up cheap. I think the model is D210MBX or something similar. According to the Eden site I think they only make the wedge in the one model.

Anybody use one or have any opinions?
    Don't see any on "the bay". What is a good price for a good condition used one?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hit up Trevorus, he has one. I think it is the 210MBX.

-Mike

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Bump

4. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Yes....They sound real nice, but don't push it too hard.
    I did that and creased the speakers in mine. I replaced the
    speakers with Eminence Kappa 10's. It's indestructible now.

Slug

5. You could try the Eden forum on their website. I'm sure all the eden fans that hang out there will give all the (possibly biased) lowdown on it. www.eden-electronics.com

6. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    My D210MBX is my workhorse. It's loaded with the same speakers/tweeter/xover as the 210XLT, has the same (103dB) efficiency rating, but due to cab design doesn't have the same frequency response (no worries for 4-string, you'll miss some fundamental with 5-string). Eden used to make a 210MBW wedge, don't know what the differences are but they'll let you know over at the Eden forum - I'm pretty sure Lane has the MBW wedge.

Try using it standing up on it's side, it sounds better that way. If you use it as a wedge in front of you with a rig behind you, note that the polarity is not reversed and you'll get phase cancellation.

Don't see many used, but when you do they're about $350.