Eden 210 XLT question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 20db pad, Aug 22, 2003.

1. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Has anyone used an Eden 210 XLT as a standalone cabinet? Can it hold its own with a full band and handle a low B?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Mine can't. Nor do I use my 410 XLT as a stand-alone. Gots to have at least a 15" for good lowend.

Just my preference. The 10"s alone are too middy for my taste. Plus, paired with another 8 ohm Eden cab, I run at 4 ohms and can run with a lot more juice from the power amp.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My Eden 410XLT puts out a wonderful low B. I am completely happy with it. It makes it easier to forget my 215. I don't think the extra cost of adding a 115 would make it sound that much better.

4. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I have one that I have used as a stand alone with a 5 string. The short answer is no.

It's a pretty impressive 2x10 box but at the end of the day, two ten inch speakers are only going to move so much air. For a three piece or smaller band, 100 seats or less bar, 90db or less volume it can do the job. Beyond that you need PA support.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I used one D210XLT for quite a while in a wedding/corporate gig band, usually without PA support. Worked fine, I just got tired of the voicing. Handled my low B's without drama. It was never not loud enough. Ran it with a 250w @8 ohm amp too.

The opposite was true, for instance, with my GS112
  6. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Thanks, guys. I think Brad was using the Eden cab in the same context I'd be. I was kicking around the idea of a pair of GS112s, but I'm having cold feet about it.

There's a very vocal proponent of a standalone XLT210 on the newsgroups, but I wanted to get the scoop from those who spend more time gigging than arguing;)
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Agree fully. Mine is an excellent extension cab to a 4x10 or 1x15, but it struggles on it's own.
  8. pjleo

May 27, 2003
    del valley
    i use a 210xlt [4 ohm] as a stand alone quite often.i actually consider it my large cab.
    medium size gigs , never have a problem not being loud enough, plenty of bottom.though i recently picked up a avatar 112 for an extension cab. for larger rooms, just to push more air in the room not really for me to hear.
    this is in a wedding/ dance band and also only on a four string bass.great cab in my opinion.