Eden 210T cabinet-your opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkmonkey, Mar 17, 2002.

1. I'm looking at maybe getting an Eden 210T,but I'm not sure if it'll cut it as a standalone cab. I play in a cover band doing Jewel,Sarah McLachlan,Joydrop,Alanis,etc. Beaver at Bass Central said that blindfolded,it would be hard to tell the difference between the 210T and the 210XLT. I think he's pretty straight up. I love the idea of not having to drag a bigger rig around,but not at the expense of a decent low end and good growl. BTW-I have an Eden Traveler Plus 400 for power. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks...
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's about the size of it. I find the Eden T's to be only a little less growly thant the XLT's. Which can be a good thing, if that's what your looking for. Of course, the differences are nominal, at best. DO what ever suits you.

Me? I'd go with the XLT, but that's me.
  3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I think Beaver would have to be blindfolded and DEAF to not tell a difference:D At low volumes you won't hear a difference. But at gig level, the XLT shows what it's made of. If you need a stand alone cab go with the XLT. The T just doesn't cut it by itself at any real volume.
  4. I would go with XLT too,I actually owned 2 of them before I a couple years off. But I found a good deal on a used one,but I have to mail order it. So I can't hear it first. So,it makes me a little sketchy. Thanks Brendan.
  5. I use an Eden 210T and have found it cuts as a stand alone cab for stage monitoring. I use it with my funk band (11 piece w/horns) and have no problem. Our band uses a PA most of the time however. I actually like the T better than the XLT as I found it to have a clearer sound. If you are playing in a rock band without a PA you may be better off with a 410.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey now, you're talkin' about my boss AND a good friend of mine there! :D

He knows quite well what the 210 XLT sounds like, as he gigs with a pair himself. The T's are very close in tone, and they handle the same power. Some guys I talk to think they actually sound better than the XLT's. I've heard some comment that the T isn't as "blurry" on the lows. I myself own a 210 MBX, which is similar in tone to the T (single ported instead of double ported), and I've used it on some gigs as a stand alone, it works just fine. Of course, in conjunction with my 410XST....:D

Funkmonkey, I've played through the cab your looking at, and it's in mint condition tonally, and damn near it cosmetically. Both of the ones we have in stock used get the "Gard stamp of approval".
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Gard, I used to gig with two 210 XLT's and have played through many T's at gigs and at stores. They DO NOT handle the same amount of watts. The T weighs in at 250 watts and the XLT 350. The T's sound good but I've a/b them too many times to not realize the difference. Put some real power to them and I know you will hear the difference.;)
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Gotta agree with Peter here, Gard. My experience with those two cabs (I currently own only a D210XLT) is that they actually sound quite different and the XLT is quite a bit stronger. Maybe that blindfold is tied down around the ears? :D
  9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Is a WT-1000 "real" enough? ;)

Different strokes for different folks,. Some guys like it better (Bass Boy, for instance). I'm sure you're right on the power handling, I try to keep it all in my head and admit failure at times, particularly when I'm sitting at home and no where near any of the necessary literature (and too lazy to check the Eden website! :p). For the record, I hear a difference, but it's not a huge one, to me.

Funkmonkey, I'm sure that power handling will not be an issue if you're going to be running the T with a WT-400.
  10. I have two "T" cabs and run them with a WT-300. As long as I'm going into a good PA, there has not been a gig it wouldn't easily handle. Also, I'm putting a 4 ohm load on my amp to juice all the 300 watts, plus this set-up is more portable and flexible than a single 4-10. With your WT-400 you should be set for anything with two 210-T's.
  11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I would like to clarify that while I believe there is a good bit of difference between the two cabs, I'm not saying one is better than the other. The question asked was if one single T could be a good stand alone cab. At low volumes I would say yes. If you need a lot of volume, it's been my experience that the T's will bottom out and distort. But the T is still a great cab.
  12. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I run two T's with a WT400 and I don't have any problems. I like the sound of the T's Nice and punchy and the tone is killer.
    I play in Med to lg rooms and I'm going through a PA
    I have plenty of volume.
    Love them Eden's!!!!
    I might find me a used 1 15T To go with one of the 2 210T's for that little extra oomph!
  13. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Will two 2X10 cabinets sound like one 4x10? I like the punch and power of the 410 but they are awkward to carry. I have the Ashdown MAG 400 head.
  14. In theory, two 210T's move as much air as a single 410XLT (each 210T is single ported, and the 410XLT is double). I've never tried to compare them soundwise.
  15. Eden has worked for me for several years now!

Mod please paste pic for me !
  16. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have/had both cabs.....and the XLT moves more air [two ports duh:)] and sounds better with the low B on a fiver. Both are excellent cabs, but if I had to have one my druthers would be the 2/10XLT.
  17. Man,nice rig! That Warwick is sweet!

I appreciate everybody's input. I actually picked up an Eden 410XLT for $400. The tweeter doesn't work,but I still think I got a sweet deal. And it was a local deal,so that's even better for me. Thanks again...
  18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Gosh darnit just when I was going to sing the praises of my 210T. :) A great sounding cab that I used to run in cahoots with my Nemesis 210 (man did it ever do justice to that Nemesis amp - sounded MUCH better than the Nemesis built in speaker cabinet - and that's saying a lot). I use my 210T with my vintage 1967 Fender Bassman and it sounds fantastic. I am not concerned with high volume usage.