Eden 210XLT, love hate?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flameworker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    Thoughts? eden.jpg

Bassmec likes this.
  2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Well, I love the D-210T, and ostensibly the 210XLT is even better, so...

INTP likes this.
  3. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    I havent tried mine yet, got it on Ebay for 99.

It is dusty.

4. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I still have a pair of these (stacked vertically, of course). I only wish they were lighter.

esa372 likes this.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's an excellent cab if you can tolerate the weight. I like the XST a little better - less of a mid hump.

6. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    I am a fan of mids, and the Aural Enhancer that SWR and Eden amps have, knocks some mids out when its cranked, I usually boost mids even when not using it.

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Eden has always made great sounding cabs. But yes, in the world of neo-loaded cabs, they are a bit on the weighty side.

8. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think that's one of the best sounding 2x10 cabs, I bought the 8x10 version ages ago for my rehearsal facility after some snugglemuffin set fire to the garage block my beautiful old CTS driver'd Ampeg 8x10 was stored in.:-(
    I love the mid bump its all part of why it's such a great sounding and extremly sensitive bass cab.
    For all the nay sayers about tube amps and ported cabs? my old Simms Watts 200 ultra linear design sounds fantastic driving the XLT design with no sign of fubbyness down low.
    Weight wise?.
    So far the concreat floor and geological structure beneath, has proved robust enough to support it without major subsidence.:)
    I have seen a couple of the smaller XLT's with creased cones due to being driven beyond X LIM I hope your cab has not been too badly abused.
    PS I have a mate that still gigs a verticle two by 2x10 rig with one of the cabs XLT and the other cab XST.
    Mixing speakers police aside, a marriage made in heaven if you ask me.
    image.jpg
    Nick from Devilment using a driven sans amp rack pre into the Lehle Dual splitter driving both tube amps for maximum Snottyness.:)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  9. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

+1 to the xst/xlt combo stacked vertical. xst on the bottom, xlt on top. It'll look a bit funny as the boxes are different sizes but it'll work better that way.

If the only thing wrong with it it is the dust, and the cones are good you are laughing.....$99 leaves you a lot of money left over for a cart.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021