Eden 210XLT, love hate?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flameworker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    Thoughts? eden.jpg

SJan3 and Bassmec like this.
  2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Well, I love the D-210T, and ostensibly the 210XLT is even better, so...

SJan3 and INTP like this.
  3. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    I havent tried mine yet, got it on Ebay for 99.

It is dusty.

4. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I still have a pair of these (stacked vertically, of course). I only wish they were lighter.

SJan3, shoot-r and esa372 like this.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's an excellent cab if you can tolerate the weight. I like the XST a little better - less of a mid hump.

6. flameworker

flameworker

Jun 15, 2014
    Landenberg, Pennsylvania
    one day....
    I am a fan of mids, and the Aural Enhancer that SWR and Eden amps have, knocks some mids out when its cranked, I usually boost mids even when not using it.

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Eden has always made great sounding cabs. But yes, in the world of neo-loaded cabs, they are a bit on the weighty side.

SJan3 likes this.
  8. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think that's one of the best sounding 2x10 cabs, I bought the 8x10 version ages ago for my rehearsal facility after some snugglemuffin set fire to the garage block my beautiful old CTS driver'd Ampeg 8x10 was stored in.:-(
    I love the mid bump its all part of why it's such a great sounding and extremly sensitive bass cab.
    For all the nay sayers about tube amps and ported cabs? my old Simms Watts 200 ultra linear design sounds fantastic driving the XLT design with no sign of fubbyness down low.
    Weight wise?.
    So far the concreat floor and geological structure beneath, has proved robust enough to support it without major subsidence.:)
    I have seen a couple of the smaller XLT's with creased cones due to being driven beyond X LIM I hope your cab has not been too badly abused.
    PS I have a mate that still gigs a verticle two by 2x10 rig with one of the cabs XLT and the other cab XST.
    Mixing speakers police aside, a marriage made in heaven if you ask me.
    image.jpg
    Nick from Devilment using a driven sans amp rack pre into the Lehle Dual splitter driving both tube amps for maximum Snottyness.:)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  9. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

+1 to the xst/xlt combo stacked vertical. xst on the bottom, xlt on top. It'll look a bit funny as the boxes are different sizes but it'll work better that way.

If the only thing wrong with it it is the dust, and the cones are good you are laughing.....$99 leaves you a lot of money left over for a cart.

SJan3 and S-Bigbottom like this.
  10. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank

Dec 29, 2016
    I picked up a 210XST still with hang tags as a store demo for $270 I think plus shipping. Really heavy, but the right sound comes out.

11. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Old thread revival.....

Way back when, for several years I gigged with a 210XLT atop a 212XLT.

"My ears" liked the 210, the 212 not so much.

Wish I'd had two of the 210's and had of stacked them in the vertical.

12. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Great sounding cabinet. I used one with an EDEN WT-400 head and it was a terrific sound. Only caveat is the weight. HEAVY by today's standards but if you have the muscle and the price is right..

13. squish

squish

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    Rocked one for YEARS. Had my SVT on top and always sounded much bigger than it looked. The fantastic design offered a very deep tone. Id say it was the ballsiest 210 made in the ‘90s.
    Sure, it is heavy. It has 50% more wood than all other 210s.
    But c’mon guys. This lightweight bass revolution is making men (and strong women) weak! Lol

14. It is my least favorite. I’ve had 2 D410xlt, a 210xlt a 215xlt and a 118 xlt. Compared to the others, it sounded boxy to me. On top of the 410xlt, it coupled well though. Not worth the size and weight.

15. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I had a pair years ago and they were great . Bottom end note definition was much better than the Carvin I was using before it . The Carvin Red Line 210 was a very good cab with great mids and highs and I thought the low end was pretty good . After I got the Edens and A/B ed the low end was much tighter with the Eden cab . I used one by itself to gig with my fairly loud rock band and it worked wonderfully . It is/was still just a 210 cab but it got really loud with not much power .

I like them .

16. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have one of each and definitely prefer the XLT (although they get along well when used as a pair).
    I’ve used any number of different heads with the XLT and have always found it easy to get a great tone without needing to mess with amp settings much.

17. Analogeezer

Analogeezer

Jul 29, 2021
    A D210T would be a better direct competitor to the Redline 210. Per the specs from Eden it has a good bit less low end extension than the XLT version. Which makes sense, bigger box, two sets of ports and I believe different drivers.

I have used a pair of the Carvin Redline 2x10" cabs for years, I rather like them, but yes they are not the deepest low end 2 x 10" out there but my style does not require a lot of bottom end. In larger venues I use a Redline 1 x 18" with the 2 x 10" on top, powered by 1,000 watts of QSC. That rig is very good at immolating a stage LOL.

Besides sounding pretty good and being very inexpensive, the great thing about those Carvin cabs is the weight, 42 pounds in an era when most 2 x 10" cabs clocked in around 55 to 65.

At the time the only lighter cabinet was the Flitesound, which frankly were kind of fragile.

Analogeezer

18. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I thought my Carvin rivaled the Eden in the mids and highs , very nice cabs . The Eden had more muscle in the low mids , both cabs are very nice .

19. jeffb28451

jeffb28451

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Had one. Great piece…for its time.

20. jeffb28451

jeffb28451

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Sorry. Obviously good remains good, but those cabs were pretty heavy vis a vis current 210s.