Eden 210XLT. Your opinion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, May 27, 2001.

1. I'm looking to buy a new speaker box and I have been recommended the Eden 210XLT. I have heard it is really good, very punchy with a nice deep low end while still being very clear. I haven't tried one out myself yet, so I was wondering what other people thought about it?
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I own one, and I can attest that it is punchy, has great definition, and has great lows and high end. I'ts pretty loud too. I drive it with a GK 1001rb, and I have not heard it break up yet.

I often run it alone, and it does fine for small clubs and rehearsals. If I'm doing a loud gig or playing outside, I bring two.

The key is to run it close to its rated wattage. I wouldn't use less than 200-300 watts.

Check out musician's friend for a good price.
  3. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I second that!

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I own one too, and I agree with gfab. I found one used for $230 about a month after I bought mine new, so I grabbed it for Jerry J and sent it to him. I see another used one advertised locally for $325. They list for something like $830. I bought mine new (at GC) for $500. I saw a 4-ohm one at GC in El Toro for $450 when they were clearing them out. Buy one. You'll like it.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I love 'em. Best 210 around, for my money. In small rooms (small clubs, restaurants, etc.) it's the only cab you'll need. They're capable of surprising bottom and have great detail. Punchy, too. I bought mine new for 5 bills and it was worth every penny. Stack it on top of a D115XL and power it with 400 watts or more and you're in biz. I use an Eden WT400 with mine. Go for it!
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego

I just bought a D-115XL to put under my 210, and what a sound! I use the WT-300 because I was too dumb/poor to get the WT-400 five years ago. Ain't that a mondo-sounding rig?
  7. ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    The D210XLT was one of the cabs i tried out when i was shopping for a 210. I concur with how it has been described so far, nice bottom and defined mids [maybe a little accentuated]. But, I ended up with an EBS-210 instead, which to me sounded tighter & more defined with a bigger, more solid bottom. The Eden wasn't bad at all, I just found something else that I liked better. So, go try out the Eden and some others, then decide.
  8. Thanx for the help ppl. Everyone has confirmed what I've already heard! :) I was also told by a friend (and a damn good bass player) that if I ever needed more power, I could just buy another one and stack the two of them, rather than buy something bigger. I'll try one out when I got the cash and probably buy it. Thanx again for the help!
  9. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    IF you didn't get what these guys are talking about, I will tell ya', Buy that sucker!!!!, as for me, I only once had the honor to play with it, at a concert in a small club, but it had al covered of Bottom bass sounds!!!, I love everything, the bottom end, the clear highs, the mid ranges, some folks says that this is as far one of the better 2 x 10" Cabs... I think that they're right
  10. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, man. It kills. No question.
  11. I bought 2 of 'em. Admittedly, I didn't shop around too much and relied on recommendations and other comparisions between Eden and SWR gear. I'm still waiting on a WT-800 head which they said would be ready in 3-4 weeks. It has now been 6 weeks and I'm starting to get pissed. But that's another story.

I compared an SWR SM-900 wired to a Triad to an Eden WT-600 wired to a 115XLT and With EQ's flat, the Eden blew the SWR away, in my opinion. Even when messing with the SWR, I still couldn't get a sound that I liked as much as the flat WT-600.

When I get the WT-800, I plan on running the 210's in a stereo configuration. I've messed around with the stereo sound a bit with the amplifier that I use with my studio monitors and the effect is awesome! I'm using a Line6 Modulation Modeller and a Line6 Delay Modeller and both have some great stereo effects.

I paid a lot for the 210's ( $510 for one from GC and $599 for the other one through Univibe ) but I wanted two new ones. I wanted to make sure that they were matched well sound and look-wise. I also paid a lot for the WT-800. I decided to help support the underdog by buying from them. Well, I paid my $1500 ( $1389 + tax ) and it has been 6 weeks. I had a chance of getting a WT-800 floor model for $1100 the same day but I was told 3-4 weeks for the new one so I figured that one new in the box would be worth the extra money. Well, it would be if I actually got the thing. Like I said, it has been almost 6 weeks now and I haven't heard anything about when it is really coming. Supporting smaller music stores is good but next time, I'm going to think about my needs. Also, I would have appreciated it if Eden was more accurate in their estimates. I would also have appreciated it if I was kept a little more informed about what was going on. I had to nag them and even call Eden directly just to get some information. I was really close to selling my old Trace Elliot head based on the fact that I was expecting my new head shortly. If I did, I would have been screwed.

- Dave
  12. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    I had a very similar experience earlier this year with an Eden 215 cabinet I ordered. It was very frustrating, and your story is not unique, I'm afraid. My take on it is that Eden puts out a great product for a decent price (usually), but they are small and (IMO) don't want to grow too fast. The result is they are probably swamped in orders, so keeping up is a huge challenge. I may be wrong, but that's my view of the situation. I hope your order comes in soon.
    - Mike
  13. I really need to take up 2 or 3 more jobs so I can buy one.
  14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    I've already got 2 jobs, and with all this talk, most of the money NOT going towards my truck will probably go towards a new Eden 210!