Eden 210XST

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I bought one of these from the fine folks at Eden the other day and must say, it's an excellent cabinet. I was looking for something small and powerful for practices and since I've been using Eden for 10 years I thought I would stay with them. Now, I am a fan of the Eden lowmid hump so I was a little apprehensive about the XST line since it was supposed to be a "flatter response" sort of cab. Of course I don't believe in this flat response BS that everyone seems so caught up in. There's no such thing as an uncolored cabinet. Sure, some cabs color less than others but.... Anyway, the XST definitely has a different sound than the XLT's. Both have really nice midrange but voiced differently. The XST is a little more open sounding in the upper mids with less lowmids than the XLt. XST is less compressed and a good bit smoother. I like the lows a little better in the XST as well, a little deeper and again more open.
    Oddly enough, the cabinet I think this sounds the most like is the Epifani 310 I have. They sound very similar but what is strange is that the 210XST sounds deeper than the Epi. I would have thought the other way around. The Epi is very nice but I prefer the XST.
    I can't compare the XST 210 to the XST410 because I haven't played through one. Right now I'm using a 410XLT underneath the 210. I really like the XLT but if the XST410 sounds as good as think it might, I may get one of them as well.
    To sum up: the XST is a new direction for Eden that, while it shouldn't be a replacement for the XLT series, it does offer a great alternative to the standard Eden tone that I think many will like.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have plans to run a very simmilar rig (410XLT under the 210XST), because the 210XST is one of the best cabs I've played through, not to mention Eden's deepest voiced cab at flat to 30hz; lower than their 18s and the 410XST as well.

So I've got plans for a new power section, and accumlate 4 210XSTs for a Wall of Voodoo...low and loud, baby!

'Cause y'know, rock is just one big wang waving contest, so I'll just wave the flag a little bigger is all. :D
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Gard has suggested that 2 210 XST's sound better than one 410XST. Something to consider and it would save you money to just buy one more 210.

brad cook
  4. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmm, that throws a wrench into my thinking. I was pretty much settled on a WT-800 with my 2-Aguilar GS112's on one side and an Epifani 210 on the other. Now the Eden 210XST seems in the running.

I have no way to try them out, so I have to make an informed guess as to which will suit *me* better. I hate doing the gear bulimia thing, and try to avoid it by informing myself as much as possible.
  5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I'm intrigued by the XST, since I'll need to downsize the rig for college. But why isn't it on Eden's website?!? Am I an idiot and just not see it?
  6. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I was going to add a second D-410XLT in place of the 2-10XLT, but you guys got me thinkin-----410XLT + 210XST on top would be killin'.

Hey Peter, you sellin the 410?
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I don't know, RockBobby. Probably not, I really like it. I'm interested in the 410XST but I'd have to hear it first. I've thought about two 210 XST's as was suggested but I don't know. If you're interested in the 410XLT make an offer and I''l consider it.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well I can't say with any kind of authority whether or not your an idiot but the 210XST isn't up at the Eden page. I don't know why they don't put it on their page but it's annoying.

brad cook
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

dont worry, you're not an idiot. besides, you were smart enough to be the bass player! ;)

but, if you do a search on our fair forum, talkbass, you'll see the XST has generated lots of buzz, and has been the talk of the 2x10 boyz. a pair could be killer for any low end b-boy.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They are notoriously slow at updating their webpage. The D215XLT was out almost a year before it was on the site.