EDEN 212 XLT ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turlu, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA

I am looking for your opinions on the EDEN 212 XLT Bass cabinet ( 4 ohms model ).

I presently have a Peavey 115 BW Cabinet and looking to have a cabinet that will cut through on stage better. I will either use it with the 115 Cabinet or the 212 alone.

Any ideas about that 212 Cabinet, let me know.
    I play Rickenbacker and Gibson Thundebird basses.
  2. zoran

May 10, 2002
    I have 8ohm version, and I'm satisfied with it and it's good choice for stand alone cab. The difference between this cab and my older Trace Elliot 1048h (4x10"+horn) is amazing. More lows and punch. The only thing that I don't like on this cab is that become sloppy and loose some definition after about one or two hours of playing. Why? I don't know.
  3. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I've owned one for about 18 months now.

I use it as my small club/gig rehearsal cab.

Great tone, just doesn't handle all that much wattage IMO.

4. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    That's interesting. I've experienced the same phenomenon with my old Ampeg 215.
    But I was never sure if the reason was the cab, the amp (getting hot or something?) or just my ears.

Now I have a new cab (212) and a more powerful amp and the problem seems to be solved. But we also have a new, not so loud drummer. So it could have been my ears as well.

We had a thread about a similiar topic:
    But I think I will start a new one and ask again..

edit: here is the new thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=857493
  5. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I owned this cab for a short time. To me, it didn't have the low end I craved and it had way too much high-mid detail.

I personally prefer Eden's 10" XL speakers.
  6. I owned a set for quite the while and what Zoran says is true. They did sound tight and deep for a period but seemed to "loosen" up after a few hours...there are WAY better 2x12's to be had now a days. Forget Eden.

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'd get one of the Ernie Ball 2/12's that keep popping up on e-bay......brand new from the factory for 350.00.........nice tight 2/12 cab:cool:
  8. I traded my two floppy Edens for a set of EB-HD212's and my sound is far deeper and tighter. Much more headroom as well. Eden is junk (IMO.)
  9. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey Madwoofer, I see you live in Canada.

Where did you buy the EB-HD212 ???

Let me know.

So far, by reading all the reviews and posts on the EDEN 212 XLT, it does not sound very convincing...
  10. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Hey, nice yellow ironing board in that picture. Can't decide whether its funnier to have an ironing board onstage, or just the fact that someone went through all the trouble to paint it yellow . . .

What a dichotomy from that nice bass rig.
  11. For the record, there was a time that I really enjoyed my Eden D212XLT's. I just know that far durable and deeper 2x12's can be had now a days.
    I scored my EB-MM HD212's from a GC in Fountain Va.,Ca. and had 'em shipped up here to Vic. Considering the cheap price the shipping was well worth the cost.
    That stupid ironing board/keyboard stand got more comments than our set material. Don't think that's a good thing.....
  12. zoran

May 10, 2002
    I didn't think about it before, maybe it's in ears, 'cause this cab really shake the floor better than any cab I played before (sorry didn't try ea, epifani, bergantino).
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego