Eden 212XLT or 410T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blues Bass 2, Nov 24, 2001.

1. I bought an Eden 210XLT to replace my Carvin 210 a month ago and I love it.It has a much cleaner low end.Now I want to replace my Carvin 410 and was going to get a 212XLT but I'm going to use the cab I get by itself most of the time.I read someone had trouble using the 212 by itself.The point of getting the 212 was it's 20 lbs.lighter than a 410XLT and would work by itself in bigger rooms.The store i'm dealing with also has a Eden 410T used.I't would definately work by itself and is 90lbs.instead of 98lbs like the 410XLT.Any opinions on this?I'm using a Carvin R-1000 head .
  2. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Hey There......

I bought an Eden 2-12lxt.....as a 'smaller' alternative to my SWR Goliath 6-10 cab.....for the smaller rooms.

Well......the 2-12 is not much smaller in size and weight !!!(76lbs vs 100lbs)...and occupies just about the same floor space on the stage.......but much smaller in terms of output (compared to the 6-10)

I like the 2-12lxt......and it does hold it's own as a stand alone cab (I would never think of using just a 2-10 in my band situation.....where the 2-12lxt has done ok)........

...but for me the extra few pounds is no big deal..

3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The D410T does not have the top/bottom ports. The main diff. between it and the D410XLT (one of the best on the market, IMO) is on the low-end. The XLT kicks its butt, in other words. If you've got the dough, don't scrimp for a few extra pounds. Speaking of weight, look on the bright side. You could be talking about a Mesa Boogie Road Ready 410. Now that's a heavy cab! The Mesa is my fave but some nights my back just ain't up to rasslin' it in and out of the truck.
  4. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Another Carvin amp / Eden speaker owner! The 410T is a nice cabinet but is not really strong on the low end. Your 210XLT has a better LF extension. The 212XLT is likely to have a better low end than the 410T, but probably won't be as punchy in the low mids. For all-around performance by itself, I would choose the 410XLT over the others; but it really depends on the tone you're after.
    - Mike
  5. bassboat

Sep 27, 2001
    Is it worth it too get a 2-12 as a stand alone cabinet? Does a 4-10 have more output, and if so, why bother with a 2-12? It seems like you save a little in weight and size; but give up power handleing.
    I think I understand why someone would buy a 1-12, as a small cab, and then get two for bigger gigs; but why get a 2-12?
  6. Thanks to all who have replied to my thread.It's good to know that the 212 will hold it's own(we don't play that loud anyway).The 210XLT I bought is a 4ohm and the 410T is an 8ohm so if I had to use them together I would only get 225 watts to the 410T'but 350w.to the 210.If I get a 212XLT I can order a 4ohm one.That way I"d get equal power to both cabs.I really love the 410XLT but 76lbs.sounds better than 98 or even 90lbs.I think I'll stick to my original choice of the 212XLT and if I play a big room I'll use both.
    Thank you everyone!