Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 212XLT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 29, 2002.

1. How is the Eden 212XLT cab? I hear the drivers are different from normal XLT cabinets. How does it compare to the Aguilar 212? Those who haven't tried it like me, i guess Aguilar 12s. I want to put a 210 on top of it.

2. Best cabinet Eden makes. The only Eden product I would actually own. I don't think adding 10's would add anything to the sound. I think the best rig would be a pair of 212's. I was going to do that myeslf at one point, but 212XLT's are hard to find used.

3. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I tried the 212xlt and did not like it at all. I thought it would add some bottom to my 210xlt, but it tended to bring out the mid-range frequencies more. Side by side, the 210xlt seemed to have a better bass response. In my opinion, this cabinet does not live up to the rest of the xl (extended low frequency) cabinet line.

I have not had the chance to hear the Aguilar 212 yet, so I can't give you my opinion on that cab.

Try both the Eden and the Aguilar for yourself and let your ears be the judge.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    12's definitely have their own sound, not like 10's, 15's or 18's. Some players dig 'em, some don't.

5. Well let's say i go with a Aguilar 212. Should i put a 210XLT or Aguilar 210 on top?