Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 215XL or Peavey 412TVX for R&B and classic rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeorgiaHonk, May 17, 2004.

1. I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide between these two cabinets. None of the dealers in my area have either of them in stock, so the most logical way to choose between them, actually playing them myself, isn't possible for me. I want warm, full midrange and deep lows. I don't care for aggressive highs. Here are how the two cabs compare in specs:

The Peavey has an advantage in cone area having 98.91 square inches more than the Eden. I couldn't find any data on the Peavey's sensistivity, but the Eden is 103 dB SPL @ 1w 1m. The Eden is about 32 pounds lighter. The Peavey is about $45 cheaper. The frequency range of the Eden is 40hz to 3 khz while the range of the Peavey is 30 hz to 15 khz. As far as portability goes, the Eden has integral kick-back casters while the Peavey has four popout casters.

Any thoughts, guys?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Don't buy anything until you play it yourself.

I realize you stated it is not an option, but you're going to have to figure out a way to get to a music store with some bass gear. Driving an hour or so is worth it. Your other option is to buy gear we tell you to, and if you don't like it you have to hassle with returning it.

If you still want to trust the judgement of complete strangers, buy the Eden. It will have deep lows, and warm mids. It will also punch you in the chest, and make you puke if you play it loud enough. :D

-Mike

3. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Listen to MJ5150 with everything he said, he's a smart man. Never buy something unheard unless the place has a good return policy and you are ok with taking a bit of a loss in the pocket book. If I was going to shell out $600-$700 on a cab I would definitally play it first. I can attest to the deep lows and warm buttery mids MJ5150 described because I happen to own one. I got mine at Uncle Bob's music in Milwuakee WI for $625 and it was the best $625 I've spent. Punch in the chest and make you puke.

Peace
    -Ben

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
  5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario