Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN 215XLT vs. SWR Big Bertha

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phogchris, Jan 9, 2002.

1. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Has anyone played both of these cabinets? I am trying to get 2 2X15 cabs and the Eden's are quite a bit cheaper...Eden's=about $1000 list, SWR $1300 list. Any input on the Eden would be appreciated. Please don't say "Eden is better, get the Eden". (I just set myself up didn't I ;)) I would like to know the differences. I have previously owned a Big Bertha, so I know what they sound like, but maybe the Eden is better and for less money!!

2. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I think I would go for the SWR stuff. I own an Eden head and love the tone but I didn't like their D210XLT. I like SWR cabs better, they just sound more "modern" or tight I guess? To my ears anyway. I know the SWR 15's sound damn good so....Maybe stick with what you like and know.

Eden makes some killer amps but the only cab I had the pleasure to test was the 2x10 and 1x15. Both to me sounded too bassy and too warm for my tastes/band.

By the way phogchris what happend to your gear????? I read in your profile it got stolen. Man I have been there. In 1997 I was playing a gig at a hardcore show in a tight club. I put away my Kubicki Ex-Factor back in its case after we were done playing and started to help move gear off the stage. Literally in one minute my bass was gone! I had tears in my eyes and anger bursting out. Couldn't beleive it, so mad. THEN in 2000 at another hardcore show I had a Modulus Quantum 5 string in greenstone. I CAUGHT the puke bastard kid taking off with my bass. His response, "Oh whoops, I thought this was my case" I swear I almost .....:mad:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I own an Eden D215XLT and find it to be an exceptional cab. It sounds great with a WT400. Warm, solid and loud. It's also a joy to load in and out because it's not that heavy and it's got those rear wheels and tip-back design. I'll give you a quick story about the D215XLT: I was playing a dance club date with a horn band in Newport Beach, CA on the 16th floor of the Marriott Hotel. '64 P Bass through WT400. At about 1 am, the club had a complaint from some guy on the 7th floor that the bass was vibrating his room too much. Yeah, that cab puts out the bottom, no question. Don't see how you can go wrong. Of course, as you know, the Big Bertha is a great cab, too.

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I am gonna go out and seek out an Eden 215XLT, that seems to be the best way to approach this situation...my bands trailer was stolen October 1st with $25,000 worth of stuff in it. My Royal Velvet Q5 was in there as was my SWR Big Bertha. Usually I would have taken the bass with me, but I was going on a trip the next day, so I left it in there, what a mistake!!!

5. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Oh man, how did they pull that off?????????? One time my old band's van got broken into but they didn't take anything but the CD player (go figure)