Eden 2x10"Combo (METRO vsCXC)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tumbao, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    Features,Tone,Price differences?
  2. I have the CXC, but haven't played the highly respected Metro. The CXC is lighter and cost less. It will tend to crap out on the low B string at high volumes, and the coaxial tweeter doesn't get quite as high as a standalone tweeter. But for me, it works, and I like it. Someday I'll get an ext. cab to go with it......
  3. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I've never tried a CXC combo before, but I have owned a Metro for about a year now. I absolutely love it. It has the monster Eden tone and can easily handle a low B at high volumes. It has two preamps with separate effects loops so you can switch your sound on the fly. Moreover, it has 600W of power available at 2ohms if you add some speaker cabs to it.

Overall, the Metro is very versatile and powerful for a combo. It has not let me down yet!
  4. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    If money isn't an issue, go with the Metro, no question. More power (450 watts internally, with an external 4 ohm cab 600, vs. ~250 watts internally, 400 @ 4 ohms), more flexibility (two independant channels on the Metro). The Metro handles a B string with extreme authority (it's essentially a D-210XLT cabinet with a WT-600 grafted on top), and as has been pointed out the CXC will give up the ghost at high volumes. The Metro comes standard with castors so moving isn't a major problem, but lifting it in and out of a trunk is an effort, it's not light by any measure. I just happen to know a place where you can get a KILLER deal on one too........ ;)
  6. WordIsBorn79

Jan 10, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I own the Nemesis 1x12 200w combo amp. It's great for tone, not too good for volume. I paid $600. great
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

hey, me too... ;) i got mine from an all bass shop down in florida about two years ago...bass central, i believe the place is called :D got mine for a little over a grand. the eden metro is a killer combo. i'm just trying to figure out now what the best extension cab is to go with it...hmmm i wonder if the guys down in florida could assist-mebbe i should talk to someone who works there ;) hee hee