1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden 2x12 combo carry in a loud rock band?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TJBass, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Loooking at maybe picking one of these 320 watt 2x12 combos, think it can hold its own in a loud band setting?

2. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    Personally..i think so.
    i dont have exp with their 212..but the eden 410 was the cats pajamas.
    i use 2 112 epifanis with a GB Shuttle..and have headroom for miles (rock/dance..etc)
    theres also variables like ..how you set your tone ..scooped.v strong mids...can make all the difference in the world. thats why 100 watts may work for some..whereas others may insist on needing 500w min.

Also..not sure if you meant just practice..or shows...runnin thru PA.. which i alwaus do live...

im gonna go on a limb and say that youd be fine with that setup.
    I would use that.

3. My SWR Workingman 160 watt 210 combo did the job in my band. The Eden should be no problem at all :)

4. Small PA, so it probably couldn't handle the lows of the bass, would have to be a stand alone amp for medium size bar gigs.

5. depends on what "loud" actually means. How many instruments in the band? 1 or 2 guitars & what do they play through? Heavy-handed drummer? Keys? Do your ears ring after you rehearse?

Me? I bring enough to go to war if needed. Thankfully, that rarely occurs but it has happened.

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    "Loud" is most certainly subjective...and relative. Until you define what it means to you, with some precision, it's just another word.

A combo amp of that configuration and power capability would not cut it for anything that I would consider "loud"...

MM

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    What is your guitar player using? If it's a 4x12 you'll never keep up with half the number of his drivers.

8. chubfarm2001

chubfarm2001 Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2010
    St. Marys, Ohio
    Yes it will. I have been using that combo for 2 years now and have never had a headroom issue. I play with a very heavy hitting drummer, too. It is a great amp.

9. 5 Wire

5 Wire

Feb 1, 2013
    NorCal
    Depends on what you like. If you like mids then sure.
    If you don't then I would say not in a gig situation.

10. 1 giutar with a marshal 4x12 cab and 100 watt tube head and a heavy drummer. I guess its moderate volume. but seems loud to me.