Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 2x15's and Cutting Through

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Aug 18, 2004.

1. I have recently found that I love the Eden sound. So warm, smooth, and bassy. Anyways, I went to the music store and tried the bass I want through an WT400 and a D-215XLT. I loved it. A new amp purchase is in my possible future and I was wondering a couple things. If I did get that cab, I would be using it in a rock band with a guitarist using a Crate 120W tube amp. One thing though, this guitarist is very considerate and has heard of a thing called a volume knob (thank goodness). So my question is this; how well do Eden 2x15's cut through? Would the additon of a 2x10 help? Thanks for any replies.

2. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :hyper: :bassist: well i have had my eden for about a week and a half i am using a bbemaxt preamp int qsc rmx 1450 power amp depending on your current amp i think you would be fine once again how many watts is your current amp ???

3. 10 :eek: ;) . This will all happen in October so I'm pre-preparing. I will probably be using a Traynor YBA200.

4. i love edens as well, but i havent seen the 2x15's yet, ive got a current love of 2x15's, ive always loved 15's...ive tried a 155xlt with a hartke ha5000 and loved it, but i also tried it with a wt330 and loved it as well, im a 15" lover

5. Heath man, you have not lived until you've tried the D-215XLT, its UNREAL.

6. also the reason i love 15's is because of the kubicki tone, its so bright you dont need 10's.....kubicki an a 15" cab and im in heaven :cool: