Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410 Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DRN, May 1, 2003.

1. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I have a Eden 410 XLT and gigged with it for the first time Tuesday and the damn casters are about shot. Anyone else have problems wth Eden casters? I loaded and unloaded the cabnet myself and I did not run anything over they are just getting wobbly.

What would you recommend to fix this problem. How about a flight case? I can imagine this option would be very heavy.

Thanks,
    Drn

2. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Bump,

Anyone have caster problems and how did you fix it. Larger casters bolted to the cab (not able to be taken off) or replacement original casters and housings.

3. Are the wheels bad or the part that goes into the socket?If the rod is loose you can take a screwdriver and spread the little brass colored ring that holds it in the socket.Otherwise Carvin has a dolly with casters on it that you could get and give up on the Eden casters.I have Ernie Ball casters on mine and they work pretty well.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, I'll bite. You can take the caster assemblies out of the cabinet (just remove the screws and lift them out). You'll notice that there's a kind of split recepticle to receive the caster shaft. Get a hammer, and gently to firmly tap the recepticle until the gap is reduced. Test by inserting the shaft of the caster into the recepticle. It should take a fair amount of force to get it in. Once it feels snug, reinstall the recepticles back into the cabinet.

One or two of mine got so loose that I lost a caster while loading out one night, and didn't notice until I got home. Fortunately, the casters are a standard size, and I just bought a new one down at Ace.

There y'go.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've never had this problem with the casters on my D-410T and I'm don't go easy on the casters. I don't abuse the cab or anything but I run over roads and sidewalks and stuff pretty often (with the knowledge that casters are cheap and easy to replace...but I haven't had to yet!).

brad cook