Eden 410 Re-Carpet is DONE !!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gilbert46, Jun 13, 2005.

1. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    You'll love or hate this. My cat screwed up the carpet so I redid it myself, but with faux leapard skin !!!!

I did it with a hot glue gun and 3 yard of 60 inch wide fabric.

Its so gawdy it looks great !

Ive only got 2 pics right now cause my batteries died. If someone can host, I can upload high res pics.

Attached Files:

2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Man that is super tacky. Don't get me wrong I'm a tacky guy.

To really pull it off you need this bass however......
  3. Fur is murder
    But that is PIMPIN' :D
  4. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA

I was thinking a warwick corvette or an american p-bass to compliment my jazz.. ;)
  5. send the picks to hickeyire@yahoo.com - I'll host em.

Looks awesome- was it all that hard to do? I'm building my own cabinets at the moment, and really worried about doing the covering myself :meh: Although I had planned to go Ampeg style Tolex / faux leather finish, nothing as out rages as leopard skin :hyper:
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    that looks pretty sweet- betcha' mesa will be offering it soon

your cat wasn't a faux leopard, was it? ;)
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    now that puts the soldano snake skin head and cab to shame - :D
  8. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Ill run out tomarrow and get some new batteries.

All said and done it was easy. Remove all the hardware, noting the fuse for the horn was missing.....I wrapped it from the bottom around the sides back to the bottom hot gluing in 3 one in strips each time. I tucked and rolled the seam on the bottom. When the sides were covered I cut the extra fabric off the bottom and sides and dropped the flap from the top over the back. I tucked and rolled the 3 seams around the back side, carefully puting them on the edge so they wouldnt be noticed. I didnt glue or cut in the front, just carefully left 2 inches of fabric and carefully put the grill back in to hold it. I used 40 glue sticks, which cost $5 for a bag of 50, a $5 glue gun, and $30 worth of fabric.

I might do my avatar 210 next just to match ;)
  9. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    You are my new hero!!

10. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    holy crap that is hot! I can imagine busting that out at a gig :D

I've recovered a bunch of cabs myself, but never thought of that. I usually get the cabinet covering carpet at the local car stereo installation place, can buy it by the yard. Then I use contact cement on both the cab and carpet, let it dry for a few minutes, then attach. Contact cement works great, and can just buy a can of it at the hardware store and put it on with a brush. It's not hard to get professional results with the carpet, its forgiving.

(hmm, where can I mail order a roll of faux leapard skin...)
  11. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA

I found it cheaper at the local fabric store. My mom is a quilter so I've been there once or twice if she is making me something. I had a real problem getting service though. Apparently my type is scary or confrontational or something??? Not really. It was sad that I wasnt welcome. I might have an attitude online, but Im quite quiet and well mannered outside.

My other idea was crushed purple velvet but decided fur would be easier cause its fluffy and would hide the seams.
  12. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Very cool..

But I can see that getting ratty soon..
  13. I recon a cow skin pattern would be pretty cool too- *ponders*
  14. Eden is starting a custom shop for those too timid to try something like this yourself. Go to the Forum at Eden-electronics.com and email Laneonbass (moderator) and he can set you up.

The leopard skin is great. How bout some faux snakeskin for you country guys to match your boots? ;)
  15. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I love it.

Great job!
  16. 7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Or just go over it? Also, what do AVATAR, EDEN, etc use to attach carpet to wood?
  17. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    That should soak up alota beer.
  18. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Haha, man that is freakin sweet. If I was using a cab with old carpet on it, I'd try to do somthing like that myself. God Bless! -Brad
  19. You would need to peel the old stuff off and sand the cabinet to get all the old glue off. I imagine they use some kind of carpet glue that has to be spread on with some kind of spatula thing, and then the carpet would have to sit until it dried.

The hot glue idea sounds like a good one to me, at least for one-off cabs. Here's a trick I learned for speeding up the gluing cycle. Cut the sticks into strips lengthwise and use a blow dryer to heat them. The melting point is pretty low, so this works good with an 1800 watt dryer. When one side gets sticky, put it where you want it, get the rest of it sticky and slap down your fabric.