Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410 XLT questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RS, May 7, 2001.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I think somebody asked this question before but I couldn't find it in the archives. I have an Eden xlt 410. There are two 1/4" jacks. One connects to the amp. With the 2nd jack can I run that to another cab? If so this is a series connection right? If you have a series connection, what is the impedance?

Thanks

2. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I don't claim to be an expert on this, but I do own the same Eden cabinet as you. I have re-checked my speaker manual, and this is what I believe to be true--if you are using 1/4 inch connectors, you run a cable from the amp to either 1/4 inch input on the cabinet (doesn't matter which you plug into). If you wish to connect a second speaker, you just run another identical 1/4 inch cable from the second outlet on the back of the first speaker to your second speaker. I believe this is called parallel, and it reduces the ohms by half. So if each cab is 8 ohms, the new ohmage would be 4. (Since I claim no great expertise, and an incorrect hook-up could do some amp damage, I strongly recommend you double check this info).

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can plug your amp into either jack. Then you can indeed plug the other one into another cab. It will be a PARALLEL connection, so best make sure you're not running two 4-ohm cabs, unless your amp is rated for 2 ohms. If you run one 4-ohm cab and one 8-ohm cab, your impedance will be 2.67 ohms, still too low if your amp is rated for 4 ohms. Usually, you want to run two 8-ohm cabs for a total impedance of 4 ohms.

4. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I believe RS has the right term (Series) for the connection and Munji has the correct impedance values. My current ultimate power system is runs a Stewart World 1.2 bridged mono into a D410T, then in series to a D 410 XLT. Both cabs are rated at 8 ohms thus creating a 4 ohm load on the amp.

The amp delivers 1200 watts at 4 ohms and I get the advantages of both rear and front porting from the cabs.

Most venues I play I only use the one cab, however.

Can't wait to have the need to use the full rig live.

Bones

5. To calculate the impedence of two cabs in parallel use the equation 1/( 1/R1 + 1/R2 ).

- Dave

6. This is off topic but I just checked your home page Dave.

Very nice graphics, photos, and comet.

I'm impressed.

--C4