Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410 XLT Tweeter question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DRN, Apr 5, 2003.

1. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I have a Eden 4 ohm 410 XLT and was just curious if everyone turns off the tweeter or if they have it mixed in to some extent.

When I first bought the cab I thought it was a little harsh and have not thought about it since. So I was just curious to see what everything else thinks.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've been running two 2-10XLT cabs with the horn attenuators on each cab set at 10 o'clock. Seems I still have way more than enough highs. I'm going to start running one cab with the horn off and the other with the attenutaor at 10 o'clock. those horns seem to have a pretty high output. I like a lot of high end, but your settings will depend on your own tastes.

3. Both of my XLT cabs i just leave the horn on the "flat" setting, and it seems to be fine for me. I dont notice them being to harsh or anything.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I have the attenuator on my 410XLT up around 2 o'clock.

5. I run 'em at 12:00.

I find that distance and angle to the cab has a big effect on the perceived volume from the horn.

6. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I always ran mine at 12:00-1:00. You should never turn the attenuator all the way down because it can cause your horn to stop working (should you ever decide to use it). This is noted in the owners manual.

7. you can, however, bypass the tweeter entirely by taking out the "fuse" ie, light bulb.

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    i always turned the horn off when I had my 410XLT.

now i play an Aguilar GS410, and normally turn the tweet off all the way (or just a TOUCH for a little highs) which Aguilar says is perfectly ok, won't damage the cab at all...

although i do remember that line in the Eden manual previously mentioned...

9. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Steven Green
    "You should never turn the attenuator all the way down because it can cause your horn to stop working (should you ever decide to use it). This is noted in the owners manual"

Oh crap I have had mine off for about a year. I bought mine slightly used and they did not come with an owners manual so I never knew. I just got back from a business trip so I am anxious to go the the rehersal studio and see if it still works.

Thanks for the great info.

Drn

10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    DRN-

I'd be interested to know what you find out. Please update when you've checked your cab out.